Chapter 33 - Ben

We both woke up an hour ago to the rain pattering against the window.   Blaire was pressed against my side.  It was early in the morning however you could not tell due to the sun being covered by clouds. 

We had been lazily talking this whole morning.  It felt so right and I felt so happy.  I knew from here on out we would be good.  No more secrets.  I mean there was one.

I let out a soft chuckle and Blaire looked up at me.  My hand was on her thigh which was bent on my hip. 

“What?”  She asked. 

I chuckled some more not sure whether or not I should tell her, but finally deciding she should know.

“Okay well... it was a couple weeks ago.  You came into my room to sleep and you ended up in this position.”  I started. 

“Oh” She said smiling. 

“I actually um... with you being that close to me I umm....”  I gulped down.  Fully realizing now how awkward this is to say. 

“What... what is it?” She pressed on now turning over so she was on her belly and facing me.

I paused for a bit wondering whether or not I should actually tell her.  Then... 

“I came..... when you were cuddling me”  I closed my eyes and brought my hand up to cover my face.  Saying it out loud was so embarrassing. 

There was silence and then a laugh.  I look down to see Blaire laughing at me.  A smile spread on my face. 

“From just me touching you?”  She said continuing to laugh. 

“Its my wolf alright”  I tried to reason, smiling down at her.  There... no more secrets.

After a bit more talking and laughed then I remembered something I had been meaning to ask.

“So I was wondering if you would be interested in meeting my parents?”  I asked.

She smiled back at me and nodded her head then her smile faded and she looked down. 

“What?”  I asked.  “ What’s wrong?”

She lay there for a bit before I gave her a squeeze and she returned it.

“My parents.”  she finally whispered.

I didn’t say anything.  I wish we could find her parents but none of the other packs we reached out to have gotten back to with any new leads.

We lay in silence for a while before getting out of bed and heading down to breakfast.  Our day was pretty normal and so were the next couple of days.  Then the day came when we were meeting my parents.  Blaire has been pretty nervous about the whole ordeal.

At 5.30, after I got ready, I walked over to Blaire’s room and knocked on the door.  To my surprise when the door opened Penny popped out with a grin on her face. 

“Well hello there”  Penny said as she walked past me holding a bag full of stuff I did not reconise.  After a second I re-knocked and it re-opened to Blaire.  She stood in the doorway in a light pink dress.  She had a bit of makeup on.  Not alot, only a bit of mascara and foundation. 

“Hi”  She said. 

“Hi” I responded staring at her in awe. 

“Well... ready to go?”  She asked holding out her hand.  I looked at her hand outstretched to me.  I gratefully took it in mine and let her lead the way down the stairs. 

When we got outside we walked hand in hand down the street.  She pushed closer to me due to the chilly air.  After five minutes we were standing outside my parents front door.  I knocked and gave Blaire’s hand a squeeze. 

After a couple seconds the door opened and my mum was standing in the door way with an apron on and her face flushed. 

“Hello.  Hi.  Oh its so nice to meet you finally.” My mum gushed.  Then without warning she reached forward and grabbed Blaire and gave her a big hug.  Blaire hugged back and then got dragged inside.

“Come in come in come in.”  My mum said almost shutting the door in my face as it appears she forgot about me. 

Once inside my Dad introduced himself with a strong handshake.  “call me Stephen”  My Dad said.  We then moved to the lounge. 

We talked for about 20 minutes before Mum told us that dinner was ready and we moved to the dinning room.  Everything was going surprisingly smoothly.  Blaire seemed to like my parents and they seemed to like her.  When we were done dinner Mum got up to clean and Prepare dessert.  Blaire got up to help but Mum shooed her away, then told me to give Blaire a tour.  I led her up the stairs into my bedroom.  She smiles when I open the door.  She walks in and wonders around and I watch intently as she looks at my bookcase, my desk, out my window before finally sitting down on my bed giving me a weak smile beforee hanging her head. 

“Are you okay?” I ask noticing her mood change.  She quickly looks up at me and nods.

“No I am fine.  I really like your room.”  She says quietly.  I can tell she is lying but I don’t push her to tell me why.  I walk over and sit down next to her on my bed and we just sit in silence.  I place my hand on my leg with my palm facing up and Blaire places her hand on top of mine. 

********************
Hoped you like it.

Until next time.