Chapter 35 - Ben

So here we were, moments away from being announced as the new betas. Everyone's eyes turned towards me and thus commenced the butterflies in my stomach. After a beat I stood up in order to walk to the stage however my feet felt glued to the ground. I heard the Alpha begin his speech with opening remarks.

I took a breath, I didn't realize I was going to be this nervous. I started to think that I couldn't do this when I felt someone's hand in mind. I look down to see Blaire looking up at me. She gave me a reassuring smile and squeezed my hand as she lead me to the stage.

Once up there everything went by in a blur. Chase and Penny were announced, they gave a quick speech, introduced me and Blaire. There was a small applause in which I gave a small wave and quickly looked down at Blaire who was also waving at everyone. After that it was more celebrating, more drinks, more shaking hands and some more dancing from Blaire and I. It wasn't until 2 am that we got to Blaire's room.

Blaire was clung onto my back with her legs wrapped around my torso. She was giggled in my ear as I struggled to open the door while also trying to keep her on my back. 

"Okay come on drunky, work with me here" I laughed, she reached out her arm and reached for the handle, I bent down so she could reach and she twisted the knob and pushed the door open.

Once opened I placed her on the ground which turned out to be more difficult than required. Blaire kept trying to climb back onto my back, she looked like a monkey or a sloth.

"No, please, you make such a great horse"  She said looking upset now standing in front of me crossing her hands in front of her chest.

"Blaire, come on you have to go to bed" I laughed while Blaire continued to get back on my back. She made a huffing sound when I backed myself up against the door in defence. She stared at me for a second with a frown on her face before it relaxed. Then she laughed in defeat and put her hands up.

"You're right. You're right." She said then before I could say anything she reached down to the bottom of her shirt and pulled it over her head and dropped it on the floor. I inhaled sharply. She giggled and turned around while unbuttoning her pants. While walked to the bed she let them fall. She crawled onto the bed and wrapped herself in the duvet until she was only a white squishy lump with a tuff of hair sticking out the top.

I gave myself a minute before turning the light off and getting into bed beside her, which took a bit because I had to find where she was. I eventually found her skin through all of the blankets and sheets. Her back was facing me so I reached my hand forward into her belly and pulling her into my chest.

"Goodnight" I said resting my head on top of hers which wasn't there for long because she spun around pushing her face into the crook of my neck.

"Goodnight Ben." She said and with a kiss to my neck she fell asleep.

***

A week has past since that night and being a beta is going good. Me and Blaire have been overseeing the training of the warriors. Blaire is really into it. She goes to every training with them. She even is better than half of them there, which is saying something because she is half the size of most of them.

It was Saturday at lunch and me and Blaire were eating together. It was a snowing outside so we sat in the table close to the window and watched the snow fall.

"How was your morning?" Blaire asks pulling me away from the window.

"Pretty good, we are thinking about a expanding the walks through our territory." I say.

"Oh hey that will be cool." Blaire said taking another bite of her salad. I continued to look at her when I had a revelation.

"Do you want to go out to dinner tonight?" I ask. Blaire stops eating and looks at me puzzled.

"What?" She asks.

"On a date, I just realised that we haven't been on a date yet. Seems like a thing that couples do." I say, Blaire lets out a small laugh and says yes.

"Cool, well we could go out for dinner and then maybe.... ummm. " Realising I didn't have anything else planned I became quiet.

"Yea I would love to go to dinner and 'umm' with you" Blaire laughed. She beamed at me.

"Great well I guess I will meet you here at 6, does that sound good to you?" I asked.

"Perfect" Blaire replied.

********************

Hope you liked this chapter. So..... Ben and Blaires first date. The betas date. Whos excited? Is ben finally gunna GET SOME! Ahhaha bad joke.

Let me know what you think.

Anyway, until next time.