Chapter 13 - Blaire

I closed the door behind me and walk over to Penny who is talking to Chase and Ben. I catch Bens eye but quickly look away, there was just something about him. I just couldn't put my finger on it, yet he made me nervous.  Penny saw Ben looking and turned around to give me a big smile. "Alright you ready to go?" She said and I nodded in response.

Penny lead the way and I followed by next to her. Chase and Ben were behind us. We moved at a reasonably slow pace which was nice because im not sure I could go any faster if I wanted to. My legs still feel a little wobbly. As we are walking through the house Penny points out things such as the living room, kitchen, back yard, gym and so on.

"So, you can go anywhere you want, this house is now yours." She says with a smile. I give her a smile back, "Thank you" I say. She gives me a big smile back "No problem" she says and directs me to the stairs. "So, your room is just up here." She takes a couple steps up and follow her, my hand grips the hand rail as I work my way up the stairs slowly. I pull myself up and take cautions steps. I feel Ben and Chase behind me, this prompts me to pick up my speed, they must thing I am so weak. A frown appears on my face as I take quicker steps, my heart beat has picked up and I try desperately to hide my heavy breathing.

I look up to see how many more steps I have to go and to my relief I am almost there. It is than when my hand reaches out to regrip the rail but misses. Mid step I reach out to try and save myself but my heart stops when I feel gravity pulling me back down the stairs. I close my eyes and brace for the impact, yet the impact never comes. Big hands grip my waist holding me still mid fall. They push me back up to my feet and let go of me as soon as I am back on my feet. I grip the rail again and take a big breath of relief. I turn to see who caught me and those big brown eyes are locked on me.

"Are you okay?" He asks with his hands held up. My cheeks flush red again and I give a quick nod. I turn back around to see Penny looking concerned. "I'm sorry" I say, feeling embarrassed. I must look like such an idiot. I look down at my feet and continue slowly to the top of the stairs. Once I make it to the top Penny begins talking again which I am grateful for. That silence was killing me.

"So this floor has all of our rooms on it. Me and Chase share the one at the end of the hall and Ben is in that one and you are in this one." She says gesturing down the hall to a door and two doors that are across the hall from each other. One of which is cracked open, which is the one Penny walks up to and goes through. I follow behind her walking into 'my' room. Once in my mouth goes slack. It is beautiful. There is a fireplace in the corner and white chairs next to the big windows. However, the thing that really catches my attention is the bed. It is so big and looks so comfortable. My instinct is to lay down and cuddle myself up.

"Do you like it?"  Asks Penny behind me, "It was one of the guest bedrooms but it is yours now, and when we get you settled in you can redecorate it as much as you like

"Do you like it?" Asks Penny behind me, "It was one of the guest bedrooms but it is yours now, and when we get you settled in you can redecorate it as much as you like." "No" I say quickly "I like it." I run my hand over the sheets feeling the soft material under my fingertips. I look longingly at the bed.

"You can test it out if you want" Penny says with a giggle as she notices my expression. I look at her and raise my eyebrows. She grins back and gestures to the bed, "Go on" She encourages. I give her a smile back and spin around so my back is facing the bed and then fall back. I sink down into the fluffy duvet, I wiggle myself up so that my legs are on the mattress too. Heaven, I reach out my hands and give a little stretch feeling my back click into place. An involuntary moan escapes my throat as I close my eyes and settle into the bed.

The door closing snaps me out of my trance and I turn to see Chase and Penny staring at the closed door. Ben must have left. I frown at this but quickly relax my face when Penny looks back at me. "He probably had things to do" She says quickly. I nod.

"Well its dinner time, we should get you back to the hospital room?" Penny says, I nod and get up off the bed much to my dismay. Penny and Chase leave the room and follow slowly behind them. When I shut my door, I look up and see Bens door. I frown, my stomach fills with butterflies when I realize how close we are. Deep down I know that Ben and Chase won't hurt me, Penny has assured me of that many times. I mean they are the ones who rescued me yet there is something about Ben.  Something about being so close to me gets me nervous.  A good kind of nervous.  I frown at my thoughts and try to shake them from my head.

I follow Penny and Chase all the way back to the hospital with Ben on my mind. Once I reach my door Chase says goodbye to me, gives Penny a quick kiss and then leaves. Penny than lets me take a shower while she whips up pasta for dinner. While I eat, she fixes the bandages and reapplies the ointment. Once I have finished I take my medicine and she tucks me into bed.

"Good night, see you in the morning for the big move" She says with smile and I smile back. With that she leaves and shut the door behind her. While I doze off to sleep my mind is filled with one thing, those big brown eyes.

********************

😃