chapter 15: Nervous of the intolerable

Naruto pov

   Just a few hours ago, I found out that I was going to be a father.  I honestly had no idea how to feel. Of course I'm excited, but I'm also nervous.  I never had a father to teach me, well, how to be a father. A lot of things started going through my head. What if when it's born, I drop it? I never held a baby before, so I'm not sure what to do. I'm just really stressed. With the wedding in a few months, and now with a baby on the way, as well as all the missions I've been going on, I won't really have time to rest. But that is not important, whats important is Hinata getting her rest. Right now, she's going to need all the rest she can get, not myself. This is all for her, for us.

   A smile appeared on my face seeing Hinata sleep silently in bed.  On the way home, she kept talking about so much. But one thing that is a priority, is telling her father. She did tell me about how its intolerable for someone in the Hyuga to be pregnant before marriage. Then again, so was being married outside of the clan. So It could possibly mean that this rule is outdated as well. We could only hope. I had a plan and we might go with it. We are going to ask him for a blessing to have children, and if he says anything about us having to wait until the wedding, then we will just have to keep it a secret between Sakura, Hinata, and I. Before we left the hospital, we did ask Sakura to keep the pregnancy on the down low, just in case it does come down to us having to keep it secret. 

   Hinata started to move around in bed. I was standing in the doorway just looking at her. I wasn't tired. I was wide awake. Knowing that Hinata is pregnant, I want to protect her at all times, even if that means for me to stay awake. Like I said before, me getting rest isn't Important, Hinata safety is on the top of my list, as well as protecting the small life inside of her. She may only be only 3 weeks in, but still, it's alive and I will risk my life for it. No matter what, Their lives come first, Far before my own.

   Is this what it means to be a father? To put Hinata and the baby before me? It all feels different now. Before I protected Hinata because it was Neji's last wish. When I proposed to her, I promised her on forever, That I will protect her. Back then, I wasn't just throwing words out, I was really going to protect her with my life. But now, those words. They seem to get stronger in my head. In my mind, I have these words going through my head. 'no one will ever hurt you.'

   I walked towards the bed and took a seat on it next to Hinata. Her hair, it was messy, but it still was so beautiful. It was soft to the touch. The moon coming through the window reflected off her hair and gave it a radiant shine. My fingers slowly ran through her hair moving it out of her face. The moonlight reflected off of her face giving her skin a shine. She is so beautiful. She could do so much better than me. I'm never home to take care of her, She could have been with someone, who will be next to her 24/7. I don't deserve her beauty. I don't deserve the right to marry her. But still, she said yes. She chose to stay with me. She chose to be with me. She chose to be by my side all these years. And now, here she is, Holding our child, still by my side, no matter what. And that is why I love her so much.