chapter 12: understanding

Hinata pov

   I woke up, not where I fell asleep. I woke up in bed. I looked around the room and I saw Naruto sitting up in a chair next to the bed. He was holding himself up with his arm. He was asleep. What confused me was, why did he not just go to bed? I sat up from the bed and just looked at him. He looked uncomfortable, but then again, he did. I couldn't quite explain it. Part of me wanted to wake him up, but another part of me just wanted to let him sleep. But I do want him to be comfortable. As I sat up, I slightly poked his cheek a few times until his eyes started to flutter open. his blue orbs looked at me tiredly. 

   "Do you want to lay down?" I asked him. He just looked at me without an answer. He looked upset, mad, and worried. What happened to him? His blue eyes, that were once always playful, were now dull and lifeless. He looks as though he hasn't slept in forever. He stood from his chair, still looking at me. He made his way to the other side of the bed and got in. His eyes never left me, its as if, when we first started dating, Sakura told him to never take his eyes off me again, so that's what he's doing now, keeping his promise to Sakura. He got into bed and laid close to me. He hasn't said a word, but just the way his face looks, I could tell something was wrong. He wrapped his arms around my hips and laid his had in my lap. I smiled softly and rubbed his head seeing if it would calm him down at all.

   "What's going on? are you ok?"  I asked him. He remained quiet. I sighed. "Naruto, please, what's going on?" I asked again. I know he doesn't want to admit to me that there is something wrong, but this is ridiculous. I let it slide and just continued to rub his head softly and comfortingly. 

   "What happened this morning?" I heard him say. His voice was heavy and droopy. He seemed like he was depressed, so, I'm guessing he is wanting answers. 

   "You mean with the shower?" I asked quietly. He nodded. "I got up this morning with a really bad headache, and I remember Sakura saying that if I get the headaches to take a cold shower, so I did. I got dizzy half way through so I sat on the floor and I guess I fell asleep," I said plainly. I continued to rub his head. He seemed to be shaking. 

   "I thought I told you to tell me if you get your headaches," Naruto said. I sighed an nodded.

   "yes, you did, but I know that you haven't gotten much sleep because of the missions, so I wanted to let you sleep," I responded. He seemed unamused. 

   "I don't care Hina, your hurting, and it's my job to make sure that your ok at all times. that's why I said, that if your headaches get to out of hand, then you need to tell me," He said as he sat up from my lap. He didn't look mad, but he didn't look happy either, 

   "I'm sorry," I said sadly, he pulled me into a hug and held me tight. 

   "You don't have to be sorry. It's for not your fault for having headaches," He said softly. I smiled and cuddled into him as we both laid back down in bed. 

   "In the morning, I think we should go and find out, why you're having these headaches,"  Naruto said. I nodded. I guess that means we're going to visit Sakura tomorrow. It will be good to see her again. 

   "Alright," I said closing my eyes cuddling with him. He cuddled me back and he smiled, finally.