chapter 4: telling father

[Hinata pov]

I could tell that Naruto was upset. I had to tell him. It's the Hyuga way, even though I didn't marry Toneri, I still have to marry in the Hyuga. It's upsetting that I can't marry who I choose. And I think Naruto feels the same way.
"We need to tell him Hinata, please, if we don't do it soon then you could be taken away from me, And I can't let you go," Naruto said sadly. I softly put my hand on his cheek and smiled.
"Don't worry, I'll figure this out, I know we said we would, but we can't just tell him on the spot, let's think for a bit, ok?" I said looking up into his soft blue eyes, my thumb softly rubbing his whiskers on his face. He sighed and put his hand on mine.
"Alright, but, promise me that we will tell him soon," he said. I smiled and got on my tiptoes and pecked him softly on the lips blushing softly.
"I promise,"

[Naruto pov]
"I promise,"  That's what Hinata said. I would have promised her the same thing, but I have to tell him. Rather Hinata's there or not, I have to tell him how much I love her, show him how much I love her.

I smiled at her as we walked back into the hospital room. I was a bit surprised to see Hiashi in the hospital. He's very strong. Who or what put him in hear? I looked over at Hinata and she smiled at me then at Hiashi. She walked to him and sat beside his bed holding his hand. I but my lip a little. I was so tempted to shout out Hinata and I are dating'

"What?" I heard Hiashi say. 'Oh jeez, did I just say that out loud?'
"Yes, you did," Hiashi said again. My eyes widen and I look over at Hinata and she looked just as shocked as I was. She looked down at Hiashi.
"Hinata, is this true?" He asked her. She looked like she was about to break. I had to speak.
"Lord Hiashi sir, yes, it's true. Ever since Hanabi's rescue mission, we have been together, I told her how much I loved her, then back when she told me that she loved me, I didn't know the difference between the love of ramen, and true love, but, I learned that I was in love with your daughter, so, sir, I'm aware of the fact that Hinata will have to marry in the Hyuga clan because of her being in the main branch, she would need to have strong offspring, but please, don't make us be apart,"

Hinata looked at me with sad eyes but a happy smile. I smiled at her then looks over at Hiashi awaiting his answer. He was quiet for a minute. His eyes satires into me. But, he smiled.
"That decree has ended long ago, so you do not need to worry about it. I admire that fact that you stood up for my daughter when she was terrified to speak. You protected her multiple times, as well as Hanabi on your recent mission, so, I will give you my blessing, but if you hurt her in any way, and I mean, anyway, I will not hesitate to kill you,"
My eyes widened. He would kill me if I hurt her in ANY way. Hinata laughed softly.
"Don't worry Naruto, you wouldn't ever be able to hurt me, I'm tough," she said softly. I smiled and pulled her into a hug.
"Hey, I gotta go, I have to get the cells checked on," I said. She smiled.
"Alright, I'll meet you there afterwords alright?" I smiled
"Alright,"