chapter 14: expecting

Hinata pov 

"It looks like your due date is November 18th" I did not know how to respond. due date, that means

"I'm pregnant...." Sakura nodded happily

"yeah, it looks like your about 3 weeks in," I stayed in my seat thinking it over and everything that would happen. were not even married yet. When my father finds out I'm pregnant before marriage, he would be so mad. He would probably kill Naruto. "Hinata? are you alright?" Sakura asked. I nodded

"yes, I'm fine, I'm just...processing this..." I said a bit shaky. Sakura nodded. Still, I'm not sure how to feel about it. What if Naruto isn't ready? What if I tell him, and he's unhappy about it? So many questions start to go through my head just making me more and more uneasy about the situation, I mean, if you want to call it a situation. I'm happy but I'm also scared. To be able to have a child with the love of your life, is a blessing, but the thought that he isn't ready, or if he never wanted children or not yet anyway, keeps me from wanting to tell Naruto.

"Hinata? Should I go get Naruto?" Sakura asked me. I looked up at her out of thought and sighed.

"what if he isn't happy? What if he doesn't want to be a father?" I asked her. She looked at me with wide eyes and sighed,

"Hinata. Do you remember Naruto's past? He never had a family. If he finds out that he gets to be a father, I highly doubt that he won't be happy about it. He will probably be bouncing off the walls with excitement. So, don't worry about him not wanting a kid, the only thing that he ever wanted was a family, and he finally gets one," Sakura said with a smile. I thought it over. She was right. Naruto did always talk about wanting to have a family, being alone all his life, its probably the only thing he wants, is a family he can call his own. I smiled softly looking down towards my stomach.

"I guess you're right," I started looking up towards Sakura, "I don't know why I was freaking out about it so much," I finished. Sakura smiled,

"maybe because you aren't exactly married yet, so just that thought would freak you out, I know that if I ended up pregnant before marriage I would freak out too." Sakura stated. She's a very good friend, she is always there if you have a problem or if you're freaking out about something. I smiled and stood.

"let's go tell Naruto then," I said with a smile. Sakura nodded and smiled as well. We both walked towards the door and walked into the hall. Walking down it, I didn't notice my hand moving down to my stomach. Walking down the hall like this made me feel strong for some reason. Perhaps because I now must protect this life inside me. So being able to protect it like I now make me feel strong. Sakura looked towards me occasionally and smiled at me. I smiled back at her as well but kept to myself still looking down at my stomach.

Sakura stopped walking and ended at a door. The same door we started out in. she knocked on it and entered. I followed in behind her and I noticed Naruto looking out the window towards the ground with a smile. I smiled and walked towards him sitting next to him. I leaned on him and looked out the window as well onwards his direction. There were children, playing with a small red ball. I looked towards Naruto with a smile. He looked towards me as well.

"so? Is everything ok?" he asked. I nodded.

"yeah, the headaches were just caused by overusing my byakugan," I said with a smile. I looked towards Sakura and she smiled.

"I'm going to go and get your discharge papers. I'll be back in a few," Sakura said before walking out if the room. I looked towards Naruto and he smiled at me. I smiled back at him. Before he said anything, he looked down and his brow raised.

"are you feeling sick again?" he asked me. I was confused until I noticed my hand was back on my stomach. I looked up at him and laughed softly.

"no, I'm feeling fine, its just I, uh, have some news," I started. And just like that, all over again I started to panic. I guess Naruto noticed because his hands went to my shoulders and looked me straight into my eyes.

"Hinata, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, you look very uneasy about it," he said with a smile. I smiled and shook my head.

"no, I want to tell you, I need to tell you, its just kind of embarrassing," I said looking down. Naruto's hands moved to mine as he held onto them tightly considering my eyes again.

"Hinata please what's going on?" he asked. I took a deep breath before looking back into eyes.

"ok, well, you know that my headaches were caused by overusing my byakugan, but, the sickness I have been having isn't connected to that. Its actually well, I'm pregnant and I-" wasn't able to finish what I was saying because of Naruto pulling me into a tight hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

"you're kidding, please tell me that you're not kidding with me," he said hugging me still. I smiled.

"no, I'm telling the truth, Sakura said I was about three weeks in, my due date is November 18th," I said with a smile. He smiled extensively and pulled away from the hug and kissed me softly. When he pulled away, he looked like he was about to cry.

"I actually get to be a dad," he said with a smile. A small tear coming from his eye. I nodded and smiled wiping his tear.

"yes, you do."