Chapter 31: Nervousness

Deciding to do this time jump is the best decision I've ever made. I didn't realize it had been over 6 months since I updated this story.

Kinda mad at myself for that. I'm sorry. I hope you're still here. If not: please come back. If you are: thank you. Thank you so so so much for supporting me still. Thanks for being patient and waiting for me. Thank you. Love you.

Let me hear you in the comments. Who's still here? Who's ready for more of this story?

2828 words. Less than usual in those stories but it's past 2 AM, I have less than 4 hours to sleep and I just really wanted to update right now and not wait another day. But I'll be back. I'll be back soon I promise. And this time, it really is soon. 💙

~~

"Josh?" Tyler said, buttoning his button up. He tucked it in his slacks as he bit his lip.

"Yeah, beautiful?" Josh asked as he came in the room, tying his bow tie. "I'm not sure if I can do this", Tyler mumbled. "I'm not sure if I'm ready", he added.

"Don't do this baby, please not now", Josh softly sighed, stepping closer. He pulled Tyler closer and pressed a kiss on his forehead.

"Why not? I told you this a few months ago already", Tyler muttered. "Yeah, but we talked about it and talked it out. We agreed on this, remember?" Josh said.

"Yeah but-" Tyler started. "Shh, it's gonna be just fine baby", Josh replied.

"But what if they don't like me Josh, or if they think I'm weird", Tyler muttered as he rested his head against Josh's chest, sighing deeply.

"They are either gonna love you, or they can fuck off. I already told you that", Josh replied. "You can't say that to your parents", Tyler muttered. "It's the truth, though. If they don't accept you then I don't want them to be in my life. But I am so so so sure that they're gonna love you, and we're not on our own. Ashley's there, and Abi, and Jordan. They all love you, remember? You're our family, Ty. They're your family. They're there for you, there's four people with you who love you to death. We love you so much, Ty, and you're worrying about my parents for nothing", Josh assured him.

Tyler sighed. He knew it was important to Josh to celebrate Christmas with his parents, his siblings for the first time in years and his boyfriend for the very first time ever.

"Okay", he sighed. "You win". Josh let out a soft laugh as he kissed Tyler's hair. "You make it sound like I'm forcing you to face your biggest fears", Josh said. Tyler pouted, lightly shoving Josh. "I'm just nervous, okay?" He said. "I know baby, I know", Josh said. "But I met your parents too, and that went well, so I'm sure this is gonna go well too", he added.

"Perfect son-in-law taking care of their blind son versus. Blind guy needing help with certain things and being a burden and standing in the way of their son having a beautiful life with a loving boyfriend or eventually husband who can see? Hm yeah, exactly the same thing", Tyler said, untangling himself from Josh's arms as he stepped away in search of his own bow tie.

"Stop doing that, Ty. You can't just keep saying stuff like that", Josh said, grabbing Tyler's bow tie. "C'mere, I'll help", he said.

"See? Here's an example already; you helping me to tie my bow tie. If I was able to see, I could've found it and tied it myself", Tyler said.

"Shut up", Josh sighed softly. He didn't mean it in a rude way, and Tyler knew. He could hear it in Josh's voice. It made him sad. Sad that Tyler kept talking about himself like that.