Chapter 22

Draco was skipping charms, he couldn't face Harry

Draco was skipping charms, he couldn't face Harry. That was the most awkward situation he could've ever had with the bloody Boy Who Lived! Honestly, what was he thinking? Why did he smirk? Did he... enjoy it? Flustered, Draco wraps himself up in his dark lime green silk sheets. He didn't want to get up. Almost immediately, he hears the door creak open.

"Draco? What are you doing?" Blaise chuckled as he ripped the blanket off Draco's head. "Charms is starting soon."

"Tell sir that I'm sick or something, bring me an egg and cheese sandwich for dinner." Draco groaned, shooting Blaise a glare before covering himself with the blanket again. Blaise turned to Greg with an eyebrow raised and Greg just shrugged in reply. Hearing the door click close, Draco immediately tosses the blanket off himself. Staring at the Dark Forest, he grabs his broom and jumps out the window.

-

"So how's Pansy?" Blaise asked as soon as they were out in the corridors. Greg stops for a second before looking up at the ceiling.

"Honestly? I don't know, she doesn't talk to me." Greg sighs with a bitter smile, a hint of heart shattering pain was picked up by Blaise.

"Do you like Pansy?" Blaise asked, his tone serious and concerned.

"She likes Draco." Greg sighs, looking straight ahead.

"I asked if you liked her." Blaise stops, his tone demanding. A second of silence went by with Greg still refusing to look at Blaise, finally he speaks.

"Yes." He breathed.

-

Running around the Dark Forest in his pajamas was one of the most fun thing Draco has ever done. Sitting down on a log, he smiled at the sky. He finally had some alone time, some time to breathe. It feels so... suffocating around Harry, he was just so... perfect. It was uncomfortable how saintly he was, Draco couldn't even hate him with all his heart.

"Lily and James Potter, what kind of saintly family were you?" Draco sighed as he rested his chin on his palms, staring at the two white lilies glowing in the foggy forest. It was just awful what Harry had to go through when he was younger, but he turned out to be a Joan of Arc at Hogwarts just like his father anyways. Speaking of parents, Draco dearly missed his mother. They've barely been exchanging letters. He's heard that father had been pardoned but father probably reverted back into his old ways, the other day he had sent a marriage proposal to Draco to marry a classmate; Astoria Greengrass, who was also a pureblood.

Running his hands through his thin hair, he remembers the pain in his heart as soon as he saw that letter. Draco was still nothing but a mere pawn to his father, nothing has changed. Perhaps it was his fate to be nothing but a pawn. A chilly breeze gently whizzed past, making Draco shudder in his thin silk pair of pajamas. Tiredly, he picks up his broom and heads back into his room where he sees nobody. Not surprising since it was class time, charms was going to be over in 40 minutes or so.

Walking into the common room, he halts at the sight of a familiar brunette; Pansy. Immediately, she whips her head back, her eyes filled with concern.

"Draco, I... I'm sorry about the other day. I was truly not myself... I... I dearly care for you." Pansy slowly cornered the poor boy onto a shelf. Draco didn't want to hurt Pansy, physically or emotionally but it seemed he had no choice. It was ludicrous! He'd never imagine Pansy of all people to like him.

"P-Pansy, did someone sneak a love potion into your drink or something?" Draco gulped as he presses his back further into the shelf, feeling the books shift against his spine was not very pleasurable.

"I wish." Pansy says in a huff, turning away with a solemn look. Draco immediately lets go of the breath he had been holding. After regaining his composure, he continues to try and comfort the poor heartbroken girl. He understands what she is going through - kind of.

"Pansy, I only see you as a friend. I'm sorry." Draco says sympathetically. Pansy snaps her head back to reveal bloodshot eyes, tears streaming down her face.

"It's because of her right?! I know your father set you up for it, you don't have to marry her! I know you love me, why would you try and stop me from moving from the muggle world? I hexed her, just so you know, so you can't love her." Pansy says proudly as tears run down her face, holding up the letter Draco put so much effort in to hide.

"How did you get that? How dare you go through my things?!" Draco frowns, this was crossing the line. Despite being friends, Pansy needs to know her boundaries and his privacy was one of them. Trying to snatch it off her, Pansy rips it up into a million pieces.

"Why do you want it back? You don't need it anyways. You'll marry me." Pansy let out a monstrous chortle as the pieces of parchment flew around. Draco's eyes widened in horror as the paper landed swiftly on the floor. She then took out a pearly pink, heart-shaped flask from her robe. Draco immediately recognises it but it was too late. Popping it off with her thumb, she chugs it.

"What are you doing?!" Draco hissed, smacking the bottle out of her hand. The empty vial rolled around on the ground. Just then, she slammed her face into his. Their lips touching coldly and immediately, Draco opened his mouth out of shock. A sickly sweet liquid began to fill his mouth and before he could think, he swallowed.

And just then, the door swung open. Harry stood there in shock, dropping a plate of cheese and egg sandwich on the floor.

He really did have terrible timing.