Chapter 10

Fortunately, they weren't caught thanks to Mrs Norris's distressed meowing that drew Filch away

Fortunately, they weren't caught thanks to Mrs Norris's distressed meowing that drew Filch away. He was going to give her a snack in the North tower so that'll buy Harry and Draco quarter or half of an hour. It was rather awkward because Harry couldn't turn around after that and even struggled to get out the door. After a few minutes of scrambling, Draco finally had enough. His energy was draining away like a broken bottle.

"Lose some pounds, Potter!" Draco impatiently shoved him out of the closet. He was getting sleepy and cranky. Harry didn't fall at least, just stumbled slightly.

"This is all muscles, Malfoy. Jealous?" He smirked sarcastically as he dusted off his sweater.

"Sorry, Potter, I didn't know muscles could flap around like that. I don't like them but they suit you." Draco retorted. Immediately making a beeline for the Slytherin dormitory, Draco wished Harry a good night. "Have a splendid night, Potter."

"I did." Harry smiled. Draco flinched slightly, he couldn't help but smile at Harry's reply and Harry couldn't either.

"That bloody dork." Harry heard Draco mumble as he stomped off. Chuckling to himself, he wondered what Draco was thinking about being his friend after tonight. Walking back into his dorm, he was surprised with Neville and Ron and... they were gambling again.

"You guys are addicts!" Harry gasped, staring at the many stuff they have gambled. Digging through the pile slightly, he recognised a few items, a few others he didn't. "Is... is this Ginny's necklace?" He held up a floral pendant hanging from a golden chain.

"She said it was fine." Ron shrugged, not even sparing him a look. Harry sighed, putting the necklace back down and heading to bed. Putting on a spare shirt and a pair of loose thin cotton pants, he lies down only to receive a thought. An image? He sat up, choking on laughter. Now, he understood why Draco was laughing in the closet.

"What're you laughing about?" Seamus peers over his book on transfiguration. "You won't be soon."

"What? Why wouldn't I?" Harry sits up straight from his bed.

"We have transfiguration tomorrow and Mrs McGonagall has something planned for us. For sure that wouldn't be good. We didn't do anything wrong, did we?" Seamus sighs.

"Oh Merlin, I hope we're not in trouble." Harry groans. Mrs McGonagall was a great teacher but being a great teacher meant being strict. And let's just say you don't want her detentions at all. "Next thing we know, we'll probably be cleaning Moaning Myrtle's bathroom by hand."

"Good Merlin, that's harsh." Seamus shivers.

"I'm going to call it a night, Seamus. Goodnight." Harry blows out the candle on his night stand as he tucks himself into his cozy bed. It paid off to conjure fresh bed sheets last weekend.

The sunlight peered through the curtains as Harry hears yawns emerging from the room. Sitting up, he rubs his eyes as he archs his back for a yawn too. Looking at his clock, it was quarter past 7, which mean he still had 45 minutes to get ready for breakfast and make it to Mrs MgGonagall's class on time.

Putting on a fresh shirt and tie, a silver glint in his dressing drawer catches his eye - a house button. He thought he lost it ages ago, he can't help but curl his lips into a sheepish smile as he clips it onto his tie before putting on his cloak and heading out to the great hall.

"Hermione?" Harry jumps back in surprise as he sees Hermione just standing beside the dorm.

"Ah, Harry. Is Ron awake yet?" Hermione smiles solemnly.

"No, why? What happened?" Harry looks at Hermione worriedly. For her to look sad meant something bad happened or is going to happen.

"Nothing, I... I just miss my parents." Hermione sobbed. Without speaking, Harry held out his arms and Hermione immediately wrapped herself in them. Burying his face in her hair, the so familiar smell of jasmine gently tickle his nose as he feels his chest dampen.

"Don't worry. I miss mine too." Harry chuckles bitterly.

"Don't be like that." Her voice so soft you could barely hear, shaken and cracky but her words still clear. Harry nods as he rests his chin on Hermione. After a minute or two, she finally pulls away.

"Thanks, that... that really helped." She sniffles, wiping away the tears on her cheek with her sleeve.

"No problem. Now let's head to breakfast, I'm famished." Harry smiled as she chuckled.