Falcon Feathers (Chapter 5)

HEY! keepin it really short because this chapter is long. Ditto wha ti said before COMMENT VOTE AND BECOME A FAN. I HAVE NO GOAL FOR THE NXT ONE JUST BEAR WITH ME. TRAINING IS ALMOST OVER! P.S. IS STILL NEED PPL FOR CHARACTERS PLZ SEE CHAPTER 3 FOR INFO.

_______________________________________________________

Chapter 5

Boot Camp

The next morning I was once again woken by music. (Disney?) I got dressed while listening to Mulan's I'll Make a Man out of You. When I got outside Gagan was already awake and waiting for me. I leaned towards his perch so he could hop onto my shoulder. YOU SEEM WELL RESTED. (I am. Thanks for noticing) When we had gotten to the fire Ace was singing along to Steady as the Beating Drum from Pocahontas. (oddly appropriate.) MAYBE HE CAN READ MINDS. I thought back to yesterday's mental comment. (nah. But the timing is good.)

"Good morning. MAY I have some breakfast?" I said with a smile.

"Sure." Ace replied as he handed me scrambled eggs, bacon and toast on a plate. I proceeded to wolf down my breakfast.

"Well did you enjoy your first flying lesson?" He asked smiling.

"Oh, is that what that was? I just remember being pushed off a cliff. I thought you said you wouldn't push me and hope I make it." I said irked at his coy expression.

"I said we wouldn't push you off of Una. I never mentioned anything about a cliff. Besides that's why you had to learn the protection spell before you attempted. Otherwise there might have been some danger." I simply gave him a death glare and drank my orange juice.

"Well your insanity aside it was amazing. The feeling of the wind made me feel alive."

"Yeah there's nothing like flying."

"This is true" Gagan said.

"Do you always hear a voice in your head when you take your first flight?" I looked over at Ace who was looking intently at Una. For a stretch of time he didn't answer. Then he looked intently at me then to Gagan and then back at me.

"This voice wasn't yours or Gagan's correct." I nodded. "Well that was faster than I thought. It would appear that you are even more special than we imagined."

"Thanks but I don't understand."

"Remember when we talked yesterday about a select few people whose spirit was imbued with an element?" I nodded again. "Well you just so happen to be one of those people. I'm not surprised that you are mind you, but I just expected to find this out after you got further into your training when you could commune with nature more." (any clue what he's talking about?) NOT AT ALL. "This is part of the reason I was assigned to train you. Other than the fact that I am the only other spirit master in the tribe I too have a spirit blessed by nature."

"So you have lightning and I have air?"

"Seems so. This means that your training has progressed better than I could have hoped. I guess I have to use my advanced lesson plan. Hehe". (god help us) 0.0 " first a 20 mile flight then a 1 mile sprint (aerial) magic practice with nature then you have one hour of reading your required reading. In that time Una will take Gagan to practice hunting. Archery follows your reading. Controlling your element is the next thing on your list then, finally combat."

"What will I be fighting?"

"That's not important right now. Stretch and get ready for your day. We start in 5 minutes."

(great) HE SAID IT WOULD BE FUN AND HARD. YOU HAD FUN NOW IT'S GONNA BE HARD. (you're telling me). I kicked off my shoes, changed and stretched.

"Uh, how exactly do you stretch your wings?"