Falcon Feathers (Chapter 14)

HEEYYY EVERYBODY!! LONG TIME NO POST! I just realized that I never made a name for the school. (or if I did I can't find/ remember it.) So I am taking suggestions on a school name. The one I like the most will be the official name of the school. Or I may mix some suggestions. Anyways whoever gives me the best name gets the next chapter dedicated to them. To enter a suggestion, comment on this chapter. So please, by now you know what to do: read, comment, and vote! :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 14

Guild

I said my good-bye's to everyone at the door and decided to take a look around. The front door opened up to a large hall filled with long tables with chairs all around them. At the back of the hall there were two corridors on the left and right sides of the building. In the center of the back wall there was a large staircase that lead to the upper floor. I took a look around the ground floor. There were mostly dorms on this floor. Some of them were just plain as if they were any college dormitory, while others had odd pieces of furniture. One room had a tree growing in the center of it. Another room had plain light blue paint on the walls. Instead of having furniture, the room had a large pool of water. I took a step to the edge and kneeled. Looking into the pool I could see a bed, couch, and bathroom. There was even a tv. ( I wonder how that works.)

Occasionally I bumped into a few of my guild mates as I finished with the first floor. Eventually I came back around to the front. I went up the stairs to find that the second floor was much like the first with the only exception being there were fewer dorms up here and there was a meeting room at the back of the floor. I walked the oaken hallway around the back of the guild pausing to look over the railing of the balcony that over looked an open lounge area at the back. I noticed a few people had already begun taking advantage of the little cafe' area. A girl spilled a smoothie on the cobble stone floor. I smiled as she dashed to clean it up. (I don't blame her. Akita seemed pretty adamant about keeping this place clean.)

I walked a bit faster as I made my way to the front. I paused at an open door. Inside was a dorm that had high trees inside. I stepped in to look up at the top. The far wall was rock. As I gazed up I noticed a ledge on the wall. On it there was a bed. (No way.) I released Gagan and he perched on my arm. I tossed him up to the ledge and he flew around it a few times before going up to the top of the room and landing on a tree branch. I conjured a small gust of wind under my feet lifting mysef up to the platform.  The ledge was pretty large and there was a small bedside desk with an alarm clock on it.

( I think we'll take this one.)

I AGREE. THERE IS EVEN A LITTLE TUNNEL THAT LEADS OUTSIDE.

(Where?)

"Follow me" he said and flew to the top of the room and then disappeared into the wall. I jumped off the ledge bearing myself up on another gust and brought myself to the mouth of a small cave. I hopped into the little cave and walked a few feet to the otherside. I exited on the outside over looking the back right side of the building. There were a few large rocks jutting out above me. I kicked off my shoees and grew my talons. With them I climbed up above the cave entrance and looked out from my little perch.

"This is pretty nice" said Unule as she appeared on the ledge below. She began waving her hands and muttering something.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Shielding this entrence from sight" she replied.

"Oh" I said.

"Only you, Gagan, and I will be able to see the entrance" she said.