Falcon Feathers (Chapter 3)

HEY GUYS JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE VIEWS. BUT PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND BECOME A FAN. I APOLOGIZE IF THING SEEM TO BE MOVING A LITTLE SLOW OR IF THINGS SEEM BORING. IT GETS BETTER. MY GOAL FOR THE NEXT ONE IS FOR CHAPTER THREE TO GET 10 READS BY SATURDAY. I THINK THATS REASONABLE.  

**********NOTE********* 1. THE NAME UNA IS PRONOUNCED "OOH NAH". 2. I AM TILL LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO BE IN MY STORY I ONLY HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW. FOR DETAILS SEE CHAPTER 2. WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY I GIVE YOU FALCON FEATHERS CHPTER 3!!!!!!!!!! 

********************************************************************* 

Chapter 3 

Una 

"Thank you for releasing me. It was getting annoying not being able to address anyone else" Gagan said cocking his head to look over at Ace and Atul.  

"Oh yeah Bertha said...I mean Elder Darika said a demonstration would be easiest. Was she talking about you?" 

"That's right if you would please follow me so we can begin your training." 

"I leave the rest up to you Ace" Darika said. Ace and I left the room and headed down the hallway and out the building while Atul and Darika chatted. We walked a half mile into the woods behind the reservation to a clearing. It was about the width of a football field all around and perfectly symmetrical. There was a small river flowing through the edge of the clearing. Gagan flew above us the whole time. Ace stopped walking when we got to the center of the clearing.  

"This is the training field. You will be preparing here for the next three weeks. Your things are being packed as we speak to be sent here. This clearing is where you will eat sleep work and relax for the duration of your training. Please no questions. Now my partner and I will be teaching you and Gagan what you need to know."  

"Where is your partner? I don't see anyone else here." Just as soon as I said that the sky boomed with thunder. (I thought today's forecast was sunny. In fact there isn't a cloud in the sky so how can there be thun-) BOOM. (my point exactly) The booming got louder and more consistent as it got closer. Soon the ground itself began to shake. Gagan swooped down to alight on my shoulder. Ouch. (don't squeeze so tight man) MY APOLOGIES. IM A LITTLE STARTLED THAT'S ALL. Though all of this is happening looking like the freaking apocalypse Ace just casually chews his gum. Then as the earth itself threatens to shatter from the intensity of the pounding thunder, a lighting bolt slams the ground next to Ace. The force of the impact sends both Gagan and I flying back twenty feet.  

As I shake myself off I notice the outline of a bird through the dust. But not just any bird. This bird was huge. Its Bigger than three people! Its light golden brown plumage made it an incredible sight to see. Its talons and beak seemed sharp enough to cut the very air we breathe or anything else for that matter. 

"Um... wanna explain the giant lightning chicken?" I asked trying and failing miserably to hide my surprise. 

"Derek, Gagan, meet my guardian spirit, Unalasgi or Una for short. She is a thunderbird, a mythological creature but more importantly she is my best friend." With his words he smiled as he reached up to pet Una. Una finally seemed to notice the two strangers gaping at her. 

"Sup" said Una. 

"Well times a wasting come on and get on." Ace said as he climbed up on top of Una to sit it the crevice of her neck.  

"You're not serious are you?" 

"As serious as a heart attack. Now get on." I climbed on behind Ace.  

"Um... did I mention I have a fear of hiiiiiiiiiiiiights!" I said as Una sprang into the air. I was pressed down into my seat as she climbed almost vertically out over the field. I Couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. So during the ascent I kept them slammed shut. Once we leveled out I found that I no longer felt Gagan's weight on my shoulder. OVER HERE. OH MY GOODNESS JUST LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT. I gradually took a peek over my right shoulder, where he had previously been perched, to see him gliding just outside the range of Una's wing strokes. 

"Well actually its not so bad up here. I kinda like it. Its peaceful." I managed to say. 

"You'd better like flying because the first thing on the top of the list is to get rid of your fear of heights." 

"And how do you plan on doing that?" I asked skeptically. 

"Your afraid of heights because you feel you have no control over your surroundings when you are up here. I plan on making you as comfortable up in the air as you are on the ground." 

"I repeat my question. How?" I said rolling my eyes. 

"Like this" he replied and proceeded to lean to his left and drop off Una's back.  

"Is he crazy?" 

"Relax dude. You worry too much" Una said cocking her head back to look at me like I was crazy. 

"My teacher who is supposed to be training for my future just committed suicide" (usually they try that after teaching me. Heh) 

"Just watch" she said. I looked over her side watching him plummet down further and further I figured he had a minute before becoming a kabob on the tops of those trees. But as I braced myself for witnessing the mess he suddenly started rising...on wings? I watched Ace angle himself towards us and climbing towards us. The thing that struck me as odd about this, (aside from the fact that I'm seeing a guy with wings of course), was that Ace and Una had similar wings. Her wings were bigger and shinier but the color scheme and build were the same. Wide broad wings with brown and golden feathers. I looked over at Gagan's wings and though how cool It would be to have such beautiful wings on me. WHY THANK YOU. I GREATLY APPRECIATE THE KIND WORDS OF AFFECTION. (oh quiet you). I mentally scowled which only caused him to laugh a strange chirping sound.  

Once Ace caught up with us we headed back to the field which we had long passed by now. Ace, Gagan and Una had landed. Instead of being allowed to get off however, I'm hurled off and onto the ground. In a flash Una had me pinned down beak gaping wide. As she exhaled a lightning bolt singed the ground next to my head. I just lay there frozen in fear as she stared me down. Then she just casually sauntered off towards Ace to be petted. 

"Your hair is on fire." Gagan said as he landed on my shoulder after i got up. 

"Really? I hadn't noticed." my voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"Hey, hatchling," Una began as she looked over Ace's shoulder "If you call me a big lightning chicken again I won't miss next time." The menace in here voice sent chills down my spine. 

"Just kidding" she said and perked up. "But seriously next time I might drop you when we hit 'turbulence'". She smiled evilly and turned once again filling the sky with thunder as she flew off into the distance. 

WELL I THINK OUR FIRST DAY WENT WELL. (oh shut up) 

"See you bright and early tomorrow" Ace said as he walked to one of two tents which I hadn't noticed when we landed. (wow they don't waste time getting stuff places a perk of being important i guess). With that I went to go unpack my stuff.