Falcon Feathers (Chapter 13)

Chapter 13

Elite

I flew quickly towards our base. Once I hit the treeline I dove down into the canopy. I could hear fighting in the woods around me. (The other team must be beating us on the ground if they pushed us this far back.) I flew over the base and scanned the area with my raptor vision. I flew quickly dodging branches and stray shots. I saw Moses fighting several opponents in a small clearing. He was facing them as he stood to one side.  I drew closer channeling the wind around me. As I entered the clearing and flew over him I released the high pressure air in a wave knocking the others into the brush around the edge.

"I could have taken them." Moses yelled sounding disappointed.

"I am sure you could have, but we need you to do something more important. Hold still." I said circling around him. I swooped down stretching out my talons and picked him up.

"Jeez what have you been eating?" I complained.

"Hey, I'm a growing boy. You better not drop me." he said looking at the ground below.

"I won't, no matter how tempting it is." I said chuckling to myself.

"Mmhm. Anyways what is it exactly that we are doing?" He asked.

"Good question." Joelle said. She was being carried by Nala. It was clear she had been fighting because she was covered in sweat, but she didn't have a scratch on her. "Can I get a harness or something?" she complained.

"I am not a carnival ride you know." Nala said rolling her eyes.

"Huh, I couldn't tell. Just kidding." Joelle quickly said.

"Well we are headed to the other team's base." I said. As we flew there was a blood curdling shriek. I looked down to see Will carrying a flailing Angel. As they got closer the screaming got louder.

"WHY do we have to be up so high?" She asked.

"So the other team is less likely to notice us." I replied. "We'll land soon."

"Yeah calm down." WIll said.

"Quiet, you" Angel retorted. "You're just a bad driver, er flyer." she said.  Will rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Where is the base Nala?" I asked.

"Down there." She said pointing.

"Ok." I replied. (Unule  what information do you have about the base?)

[They have three spellcasters sustaining the shield each with a pair of guards.]

 (Thank you.)

[Do you have a plan?]

(More or less.)

[Wonderful.]

"Alright everyone, here is the plan," I shouted. "We're going to break into three teams. Each one will take out a spell caster sustaining part of the shield. We have to be quick. Once the shield is down we get to the command room in the center of the base and secure it. Then Akita will take out Zeke. The shields are tough but find a way to break in. Move people!" I shouted.

I flew around to the back side of the complex and landed out of site behind a pile of boulders. Moses and I stole up to the ege of the outer wall. I extended my hand to touch the wall and was immediately flung back.

"Ouch" I said.

"That was funny. Do it again" said Moses.

"Hmm" I said as I knocked an arrow into place. I fired a cylone shot at the wall. The shield ruptured for a moment then reformed.