38

I have been awake from 3 in the morning. I couldn't sleep anymore. I could feel Alexei's anguish through our bond.

I leaned against the window, staring out at the full moon. Yakima was still fast asleep, mumbling once in a while.

I used this time to meditate, needing to centre myself and be calm for what was going to happen tomorrow.

I didn't know how long I was out, the door bursting open bringing me back. Kima jumped up, looking confused as the two wolves from before barged in, throwing some clothes and boots on the bed and telling us to get ready.

I got up from my place at the window. The moon was still high in the sky. Walking to the bed, I inspected the clothes. One was black, one white, and made from a stretchy, leather-like material. Picking it up, I realized it was the special material that wolves wore into battle to protect themselves from easily been penetrated by silver knives or bullets.

"They are leaving for the council this early. Why?" Kima hopped off the bed, stretching.

"I don't know. They must have something planned. We need to get ready" I grabbed the white suit and boots, heading to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, and got dressed. Exiting, Yakima rushed in, exiting a few minutes later, dressed.

"Fix my hair"

I rolled my eyes. This woman was clueless when it came onto hair.

I teased her about it, trying to keep our minds off what was about to happen.

I brushed out her long hair, pulling it into a high ponytail, doing the same to mine.

Yakima frowned, going serious.

"What should we do when they inject us with that poison?"

"Pretend like we are affected. Andriano needs to think he controls us. We need to get his complete plan before we strike. I think he has something big planned"

"Your right. I had this weird dream last night. I think it was a dream at least"

"What did you see?"

"Hordes of wolves getting injected with something. I don't know what it is,but it made them more powerful. They thought as one. Moved as one. Spoke as one. It was freaky" she shivered, worried.

I was lost in thought. The Velmanious was a plant I knew that could do that to wolves, but only a powerful witch could make it.  I shared this info with Kima.

"I know a witch whose powerful enough to do this. The sick bastard" Yakima hissed, her coloured eyes flaring.

"Who is this man?"

"Richard Liasiin. He's powerful and an expert in dark magic. He tried to have me killed a few centuries back, I tried to kill him, but that incubi rescued him"

"It seems Andriano has an entire council ready to rule under him if he kills everyone"

"So we have to figure out who the rest on his servants are" Kima, frowned, thinking hard.

"We already know that Romario is for the incubi. Richard for the witch. Darius for the wolves. That leaves all the others. How are we going to know who they are?"

Kima jumped up, snapping her fingers.

"The gargoyles. I know their leader. Yesterday when we were being taken back to this room, just before the door closed, I heard that stinking incubi ask the ugly wolf if the " annoying gargoyle" has everything in place on his end "