7

Two pair of identical bright hazel eyes were staring at me. I stared right back with my dark brown ones.

My siblings and I have been in this staring contest for over five minutes.

After Jac dragged me into the kitchen were Alberto and his kids sat around the island, not a word has being said.

Staring at them,I could see Jac and Alberto in them both. The girl had her hair and dark eyes and Alberto's colour. The boy had Alberto's eyes and hair, and his mother's light complexion.
Both were sizing me up, the fact that they were just meeting me in over 200 years and also the fact that they couldn't detect my scent was disturbing them.

The boy looked around 25 and the girl around 20.

"Are you guys done yet?"

I was used to reactions like this when people meet me for the first time.

"We are done now" the girl replied, "I'm Kassie"

Walking around the island, she hugged me, her vanilla scent filling my nose.

"Its about time you came home sister. We've waited a long time for this"

"What?"

"I'm a sightseer. I see bits of the future. I saw your return a long time ago but wasn't sure when you would return exactly. Only recently I saw it clearly and your purpose"

"Uhm.. OK..."

"Stop scaring her off Kass. We don't need to hear your future mombo jumbo right now. I'm Jace"

Jace pushed Kass out the way, pulling me into a big bear hug. His musky male scent filled my nose. My body immediately became warm and relaxed.

Wow.... Super hugs.

Feeling me relax completely against him, he laughed.

"I'm a Manipulater. I can affect how people feel. You were tense, so I relaxed you lil bit"

I quickly pushed him away. I did not like people messing with my feelings.

My siblings were very powerful people. Their gifts were rare.

Laughing, he went back to his seat.

"So, why can't we smell you??" Kass asked.

I was totally expecting the question, but I didn't think she would ask it so bluntly.

"Yea. You smell completely normal. Almost like human" said Jace.

"Its a long story"

I was not ready to talk about that with them just yet.

"We have forever sister dear. So go on"

Jac, Kass, Jace and Alberto all looked at me expectantly.

"I'm not ready to talk about it with you people OK. Drop it"

My cold hard voice totally shocked them. I also put a lil bit of my power in there, so they couldn't help but obey.

"No pressure Kat. You must be exhausted. Why don't I show you to your room" jumping up,Kass took my hand.

Nodding in agreement, I let her drag me out the kitchen and up the stairs. Turing to the left, we stopped at a big red door.

Kass opened it and I followed her inside.

The room was very impressive.

Painted in reds and blacks, a massive bed dominated the middle of the room. A walk in closet was to one corner and a door that I suspected led to the bathroom at the other.

"I can see that you like it. I helped decorate it"

"Thank you Kass. And yes, I do like it"

Smiling, she went to sit on the bed with silk red and black sheets.

"So.... Dinners at 7 and I can show you around the place tomorrow"

Nodding, I layed on the bed and closed my eyes. I heard shuffling, then felt the bed dip beside me.
My sister's scent filled my nose as she shuffled closer until we we were nose to nose.

"I like you Kat. I can see that you have spirit. And your also fun"

Laughing, I hugged her.

Despite us just meeting, I felt a connected to her and I liked her a lot. I told her this much.

"Go to sleep Kat. We'll sort this all out starting tomorrow"

Nodding,I felt my eyes get drowsy and I fell into a deep sleep.

Vote
Comment
Share
😘💜