Chapter 21

"Harry we'll be fine." I insist as I stand on my tiptoes to give Harry a quick peck on the lips. "I'm taking your mom for coffee at my work and then just do some window shopping or something."

"I know, I just worry." He sighs as Anne walks over to us, slipping on her shoes and zipping up a warm winter jacket.

"I know, and I love you for it." I reply as I kiss his cheek before walking over to the door. "You ready Anne?" I ask her with a large sigh, already nervous to talk to the police.

"Mhm." She nods before turning to Harry. "Have a good day Harry, we'll be home shortly."

After we say our goodbyes for the day Anne and I step outside and get into my car.

"I think the real question, is are you ready?" Anne softly asks as I begin to drive towards town.

I sit in silence for a minute before answering, thinking the question over and over in my head before answering her. Am I ready? "Yeah, actually I think I am." I finally answer her. "Nervous obviously but who wouldn't be?" She nods and I continue to speak. "I'm just so ready to finally be able to stop this and leave everything in my past, to not have to live in fear everyday, you know?"

"Yeah, I'm proud of you, you know that. And I know it's kind of off topic but just so you know, I think you and Harry are good for each other, I'm happy you two met." Anne gives me a warm hearted smile before turning to look out the window.

"Even though I could potentially be the cause of his life being put in danger?" I ask, somewhat nervous for her answer.

"Even that. And Jade don't get me wrong, I'm terrified for him, and for you." She replies, but then pausing to smile. "And the baby of course, but I also know that us going to the police could be a big help, and I truly believe that everyone can work through this. I really do."

I smile to myself as I feel tears beginning to form in my eyes. "Thank you Anne, it means a lot. I know this might sound weird because other than talking to you on the phone a few times with Harry and that time we came to visit, but you honestly feel like a mum to me, so thank you."

She smiles over at me as she places her hand on my shoulder. "Thank you Jade. Honestly I hope that someday Harry works up the courage to allow you to become my daughter."

It took me a second to realize what she meant until I understand that she is referring to him asking me to marry him. Me too. I think to myself. I then spot the police station on the right hand side of the road so I turn in to it and pull into a parking stall right in front of the building. I take a deep breath before getting out of my car and making my way into the large brick building, Anne following closely behind. When I walk into the building I stand in line before a short lady with long black hair calls me over.

"Good morning, what can I do for you?" She politely greets us with a smile.

"Hi, I'd like to report a crime." I reply, trying my best to sound strong. "Or, several actually."

"Okay, we'll have to ask you some questions then if that's alright?" She asks me, looking between Anne and I.

"Yeah of course, anything you need." I nod, replying a little too quickly.

"Okay, then right this way please." She motions as she opens a little gate by her desk.

We follow her into a small room, the floors are a beige carpet, walls a dark navy blue colour and the only thing in the room being a small plain brown table with three matching chairs placed around it.

"Please take a seat, someone should be in right away to see you." She explains before exiting the room, closing the door behind her.

Anne and I sit down in the two chairs that were right beside each other.

"What do you think is gonna happen?" I nervously ask Anne.

"I think that whatever happens today, you are strong, and you will be okay." She replies in an assuring tone as she places her hand on top of my shaking hands.

Before anything else can be said the door opens and a man in about his mid to late thirties walks in, shutting the door behind him. He is tall, has dark black hair, glasses, he is wearing a navy blue suit and carrying a clipboard and pen. "Hello, I'm detective Johnson and I will be working with you for this case." He says as walks over to shake our hands, us introducing ourselves as we do so, before he takes a seat in the chair across from us.

"So Jade, what kind of crimes is it that you were wanting to report?" He asks me as he places his clipboard down on the table, uncapping his pen as he prepares to write down some notes.

Every ounce of confidence I had left is instantly washed away. Anne gives me a gentle reassuring squeeze on my shoulder before I eventually find the courage to talk. "Um, well, I guess, abuse, rape, and murder."

Detective Johnson instantly goes into serious mode as he begins to write everything down. He asks me to elaborate so just like the night before, I tell him everything I know, and everything that has happened to me or someone I cared about that was involved with Richard. I make sure not to leave out any details about anything, even about that night when I was younger, and for that I'm glad Harry isn't here, I don't think I could bear to see the look on his face as I explained all the details.

After I'm done speaking the only sound in the room are a few sniffles from me and the sound of detective Johnson's pen scratching the paper. After a few minutes in almost complete silence he looks up at me. "And if you don't mind me asking, what made you wait so long to come in and report these crimes?"

"Richard has always been super manipulative and he convinced me that if I told something bad would happen to me, I guess I was just scared. But my boyfriend and Anne have shown me that it's okay to be scared, Anne convinced me that it would be a good idea to talk to the police." I explain while he nods, continuing to take notes. "And I guess the fact that I am carrying a little person in me I realized I need help to get out of this."

He nods before looking back up at me. "I think I have an idea of how we can get you out of this." Detective Johnson says before waiting for me to show some sign that I am paying attention, so I nod. "You said New Year's eve is when he wants to meet up?" After I nod he begins to explain all the details of his plan. It scares me because there is still a chance that myself, or someone else could get hurt, but it's all we have right now, and it honestly sounds like it could work.

Once we are done at the station Ane and I make our way back home, just in time to say goodbye to the boys. Once they leave we all decide to just have a relaxing day watching movies. After dinner Anne and Gemma don't stay up for too much longer as they are both planning on leaving fairly early in the morning. Harry and I are currently sitting on the couch wrapped up in my soft new blanket as the credits of Home Alone roll down the screen.

"So, I was thinking." Harry smirks over at me as his hand begins to trail up my thigh. I grab it and place it on his lap while shaking my head.

"Not tonight okay? I'm just not in the mood right now." I frown as I stand up to stretch. "I'm actually kind of tired, you coming?"

"Um, yeah okay?" Harry replies, making his statement sound like more of a question. "You doing alright?"

"Yeah I'm good, just tired from all the walking around with your mom." I lie as I make my way into our room.

I grab one of Harry's t-shirts and put it on after stripping of my own clothes.

"Really?" He looks over at me with a pout.

"What?"

"You know how good I think you look in my clothes." He continues to pout as he walks over to me, placing his hands gently on my hips.

"That's nice." I yawn. "But if you really love me you'll leave me alone and let me sleep."

I move away from him as he continues to pout, crawling into the bed, wrapping myself in the blankets, trying to get warm. Eventually I feel Harry crawl in beside and pull my own body into his. "I do love you." Harry whispers while placing a kiss on my cheek before placing his down on the pillow beside my own.

"And I love you too Harry."