Chapter 10

Ch. 10

Right now I am sitting on the hotel couch waiting for Harry. He is currently in our hotel room kitchen making us tea. Harry said he would give me answers when we got back so I'm hoping that I'll actually get some.

"Here you go." Harry hands me a steeping hot cup of tea with a very familiar scent.

"Awe my favourite. Thank you." I smile up at him a takes a seat across from me.

"Yeah, you're welcome." He replies in a hoarse voice. "So, I promised you answers and answers are what you're gonna get."

I smile at him, waiting for him to continue. "You don't have to be nervous Harry." I assure him.

"I just want you to know that I totally understand if you're upset okay." Harry replies. He takes a deep breath before continuing. "So basically when I was 16 I auditioned for this super huge singing competition, which also happens to be on TV, and I got on but I didn't make it through one of the last auditions, long story short at the last minute the judges decided to put me in a group with four other guys. We ended up winning third place and we kind of blew up I guess." He pauses, probably to see if I am still following along or to see if I'm still okay. "Um, I mean this in the least conceited way possible, I'm strictly speaking facts  here, but we quickly became the biggest boy band in the world and we still are today. The reason we haven't been together for a while is because we've been on a break due to lots of drama, and that's who those phone calls have been to, we're trying to figure out how to announce that our break is over and we are hopefully going on another world tour soon."

When he is done talking I sit in silence for a few minutes, just trying to register everything in my head. It does make sense though when I think about it, he doesn't have a job yet he still has lots of money, when we went to the restaurant we were in a secluded area so that no paparazzi or fans would disturb him, the looks we get when walking down the streets, why he is never home, and so many more reasons. I honestly don't know how I should feel about this all. It's cool and I'm proud of him, I really am, but at the same time I feel really overwhelmed because if anything gets out about the two of us my step-dad could so easily find me. He could hurt me, but the thing I worry about the most is that he could potentially hurt Harry too.

"Jade, please say something." Harry begs, quickly bending down in front of me and taking my hands in his.

"I don't know what to say." I reply honestly. "I'm proud of you really, it's really cool that you get to live your dream, but at the same time, I know it probably sounds pathetic, but I am terrified of my step-dad finding me and hurting not only me, but most importantly you." I shake my head while trying to fight back tears.

"No! No, it's anything but pathetic," He gently squeezes my hands in a comforting way, "but I promise you this, I will do everything in my power to not let anything bad happen to you," He smiles, "or me" Harry quickly adds.

I know that there isn't really anything that Harry or myself could do to ensure our safety, but just knowing that he's going to try and that he cares is honestly enough for me.

"Okay." I nod.

Harry stands up, pulling me with him and then wrapping me in a warm embrace. "We'll get through this together okay."

"Okay" I nod, wrapping my arms around him.

I sigh when I remember what I promised Harry. "I think I have something I promised to tell you too."

"Wha-?" Harry pauses as he tries to think of what I'm talking about. When he notices his eyes get wide and he looks at me in alarm, but also in a comforting way. "Jade, you don't have to if it's too hard."