Chapter 17

"And the fish and chips." Our waiter hands me my plate which I return with a simple thank you.

"So, you happy with our decorations?" Harry asks as soon as the waiter walks away.

"Yeah I am, I think it will look beautiful, and I don't work tomorrow so if you want to we can set up the tree?" I suggest before taking a bit of my fish.

"Yeah for sure!" Harry smiles excitedly. "And maybe we can do a bit more planning for Christmas dinner? I know it's somewhat far away but it never hurts to be prepared."

"Yeah for sure." I nod. "And I can try calling your mum." I say before quickly adding "And Gemma too of course."

"Yeah for sure. I'll do the same with the boys." Harry nods as he takes a bite of his mashed potatoes. "I'm actually really excited for this."

"For what?" I stupidly ask, a bit clueless for a second. "Oh, like for our dinner?"

"Well yeah that too." He nods as he swallows his bite of sausage. "But also just the fact that we're spending our first Christmas together. I really love you and I'm really excited to see what our future holds."

"Awe." I say out loud while placing my hand over my chest. "That was really sweet Harry." For some reason a few tears, purely of happiness for once, begin to form in the corners of my eyes.

"Yeah believe it or. It but I can actually be pretty sweet once in awhile." He jokes as he gives me a knowing look.

"Just once in awhile." I jokingly shrug, devising to join in on Harry's joke.

"Mhm. Just once in awhile." He sends me a quick wink while shoveling another forkful of mashed potatoes and gravy into his mouth.

We continue to eat, throwing in a comment or joke once in awhile. Once we are finally done Harry pays the bill and we make our way outside where light snow has begun to fall. We make our way over to the skating rink, which thankfully isn't very busy. We walk up to a booth where we both rent some skates before making our way onto the ice.

"Okay so, don't judge me, but I haven't been skating in a long time so I might not be very good." I warn Harry as he takes ahold of my hand, leading us on to the ice.

"Here, I'll help you." He takes both of my hands in his as he turns around so that he's know facing me. "Just follow my lead."

He begins to slowly glide backwards, pulling me with him. We slowly glide around in circle like that for awhile until I finally get used to it again. I let go of Harry's right hand so that I'm now only holding onto his left hand. We skate around the rink for awhile when Harry lets go of my hands and begins to skate around me, clearly just trying to show off. He grabs ahold of my hands again and begins to spin us in small circles. "I love you." I blurt out, Harry looks at me in shock for a second, probably just because so far he's been the first one to say it every time.

"I love you too Jade." He smiles as he places a light kiss on my lips. I smile into the kiss as I wrap my arms around Harry's neck. I'm enjoying the moment when two flashes go off, one after the other. At first I'm worried that it might be paparazzi or something but when I look up it's just a young boy, dressed in an elf costume. He holds out two Polaroid pictures and I smile when I see how happy we both look in that moment.

"Sorry, I'm supposed to be getting paid to take people's pictures with Santa but he's in a break and you two looked happy so I thought maybe you'd want some pictures." The guy half ass apologizes.

"No it's okay. Thank you." I offer him a smile as I place my hand that's not currently in Harry's on his bicep and lean into him a bit tired from all our skating. He instinctively wraps his arms around my torso.