Chapter 7

"Okay so we should be there in about two hours." Harry says while climbing back into his vehicle, a pile of snacks in his arms.

We had just stopped at a remote gas station so that we could fill up his Range Rover and get some snacks. This morning we left fairly early after eating a waffle breakfast that Anne had cooked for us and then we had said our goodbyes, leaving for London.

"Here let me help you." I laugh at a struggling Harry, taking our snacks from his arms.

"Thanks." He says as he climbs in, shutting the door behind him. "I wasn't sure what you wanted so I got a little of everything, sweet, sour, meat and some drinks.

"Awe thanks." I smile at his kind gesture. "But honestly food is food, I would've been happy with whatever you were getting."

He smiles at me, pulling away from the gas pump, heading back onto the highway.

"So, how was your nap?" Harry asks with a slight chuckle.

"It was great thanks." I laugh with an eye roll.

About an hour after we had left Holmes Chapel he kept asking me if I was tired, saying that he wouldn't mind if I had a nap, of course I kept saying no but not long after I had fallen asleep and hadn't woken up until about five minutes before we hit the gas station.

"I told you that I didn't care if yo had a nap. I could tell you were tired." He teases, stealing a quick glance at me.

"I wasn't tired." I pout, even though that's clearly a blatant lie.

"Okay." He laughs, obviously not wanting to argue with me anymore. "Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight? I know this really good restaurant and I feel like you would like it." He asks.

Instictively I get butterflies, both excited and nervous, however, I immediately push them to the side knowing that Harry would only think of this as a friendly gesture, nothing more, nothing less.

"Yeah I would love to? What kind of food is it?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Can't tell you that." He laughs playfully.

I groan in a frustrated manner. "Why not?"

"Because I can't remember." He laughs, rolling his eyes jokingly.

"Wow. If you don't even remember what kind of food it is how do you know that I'll like it?" I laugh, actually kind of confused now.

"I just do." He replies. And that's the last we speak of it for the rest of the drive.

****
London is beautiful. I have only ever seen pictures of it and have always wanted to come here, especially now during the colder seasons, Christmas lights are already starting to be hung and the entire city just looks absolutely beautiful. I can't even begin to describe it in words, in a way, it almost makes me feel small and insecure.

"So here's our hotel." Harry interrupts my thoughts, pulling into the parking lot of a beautiful hotel.

"Harry no." I shake my head, eyes wide.

"What?" His eyebrows knot together in confusion.

"I can't let you pay for this. It looks expensive." I shake my head, still in disbelief at the beauty of it. It is a tall, beige coloured building with many windows, beautiful tall trees, that are now covered in blue lights.

"It's okay, you deserve it." He shakes his head in protest. He pulls into a parking space, quickly jumping out and running around to my side to help me out.