Chapter 12

"Harry do you have all your stuff?" I ask while quickly rushing around the hotel room collecting last minute things.

"Yep!" Harry calls from somewhere in the living room, just as I find one of his socks lying on the bedroom floor.

"Mhmm." I hum. "I'm sure you do."

"Jade we should get going, we were supposed to be out of here, like, an hour ago." He calls, his voice lowering when he sees me entering the room.

"What is it with you and always checking out late from hotels." I teasingly ask.

"You know, it only ever seems to happen when I'm around this particular girl. She's quite beautiful, kind, and funny though, so I guess it's okay." Harry walks over to me, wrapping his arms around me and placing a light kiss on my forehead. He then leans down a bit and I smile into the short kiss.

"C'mon, I'm sure they want us out of here." I smile as I back away, grabbing my bag from the floor, making sure we have both room keys before shutting the door behind Harry who slowly comes out of the room with his bag.

We make our way down to the main floor and over to a not so friendly receptionist. After we are done checking out of the hotel we make our way over to Harry's range rover. I watch the fading hotel as he drives further and further away, eventually leaving the beautiful city.

"Thank you so much for this trip, I had a really great time. It was nice to feel a little bit normal for once." I let out a small yawn.

Harry reaches over the middle console and interlaces his fingers with mine, giving my hand a small squeeze. "It was my pleasure. It was nice to have a break from everything too," He glances over, giving me a quick smile, "Plus I kind of enjoy your company so it's a bit of a bonus."

I let out jumbled "Thanks, I guess I enjoy your company too." While yawning halfway through my sentence. "Sorry, I don't know why I'm yawning, I had a pretty good sleep."

Harry shrugs while keeping his eyes on the road. "If you're tired you can take a nap, I don't mind, I mean it is a pretty long drive."

"No it's okay, thank you though." I politely decline. " I mean I slept the majority of the drive to London, I want to actually enjoy the scenery for once."

"Well that's fine with me." He replies cheerfully. "Padiddle!" Harry randomly exclaims as a small blue car whizzes past us.

I scrunch my nose up in confusion giving him a "What?" in case I didn't hear him right

"Padiddle." Harry repeats, a little slower this time. "You know? Padiddle, the car game." When I continue to stare at him, probably looking like an actual deer in headlights, he catches on to the fact that I have absolutely no idea what he's talking about. "Padiddle is a game where you say padiddle whenever you see a car with a burnt out headlight. You'd be surprised how many cars don't have two working headlights." He explains matter of factly. "Want to play?"

"Sure," I let out a soft laugh, "Are you sure you're not making this up though?"

"Um excuse me," he jokingly throws his hands up in the air, letting go of the steering wheel, cause us to veer into the right lane.

I quickly grab a hold of the wheel, steering us back into our lane right before a truck comes driving around the corner. "Hands on the wheel Styles!"

"Sorry!" He apologizes as he takes control of the car once again. "I just meant to say that I used to play it with my mum and sister when I was younger. I promise I wasn't actually trying to get us killed there."