Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning finding myself in Harry's bed. I'm not too sure how I got here as the last thing I remember is falling asleep next to Harry on the couch where we relocated after the both of us were done eating. I'm guessing that Harry either carried me up here or I walked myself here but I was just too tired to even remember . I jump when I hear a bang from downstairs, followed by a bit of talking. I sneak my way quietly towards the door to see if I can hear what's going on.

"I just want to make pancakes okay." I hear a man whose voice I recognize to be Harry's say, almost as if they were either frustrated, annoyed, or maybe even a little bit of both.

"Why? You literally never made anything for me when we were still living here." I hear an unfamiliar woman's voice argue back.

"That's because you're my sister." Harry defends back and I can almost see him rolling his eyes. "And I have so made you stuff before thank you very much." He sasses her.

"She must be pretty special." I hear the woman say, almost in a teasing way.

"Yeah, I really think she is." Harry replies.

"She's quite a cutie too. Hey Harry?" A third voice floats up the stairs. I think it's Anne but I'm not too sure.

"Ooh really!?" The second voices teases.

"Gemma shut up!" Harry replies while I at the same time mentally face palm. Of course it's Gemma, I forgot that he said he had a sister, let alone that she was coming over today. "But yeah, yeah she really is."

I blush at his comment when I finally clue into the realization that they are all talking about me.

"So, I think the real question is is she a keeper or not?" Anne teases her son. I attempt to stick my ear farther out the door, suddenly extremely interested in his answer.

"Well, we aren't even technically dating" Harry replies, and for whatever unknown to me reason my heart immediately sinks to the pit of my stomach. "Well for now anyways, I want to be one hundred percent sure that she feels the same way about me before asking her anything, wouldn't want to make her too uncomfortable, you know." He pauses and I can literally hear the gasp for a breath of air that he takes. "But you know what, I really, truly hope that she feels that way about me and that we last for as long as possible, maybe even forever." Harry replies. I can almost picture the grin on his face while he talks. My stomach itself does huge flips every which way and it feels as though my heart is literally going to pound out of my chest.

"You're such a softie." I hear someone say, although I can't make out if it was Anne or Gemma.

I take this as my cue to quickly hop up from my spot on the floor and walk over to my bag to grab some clothing for the day. When I look outside I notice that it is extremely dreary looking so I settle on a plain white tee and a pair of sweats of Harry's that he's letting me borrow. I then proceed to quickly run a brush through my hair, finally settling on just putting a fishtail braid into it. I then decide to make my way downstairs when I hear my stomach ramble from a lack of food this morning. When I get downstairs I am immediately met with several different looks, one of surprise and two that are more smirking and playful.

"Hi! I'm Gemma, you must be Jade." Harry's sister who I must say is very pretty looking says as she walks over to me, her hand outstretched towards me.

"All good things I hope." I joke as I shake her hand making sure to make eye contact and have a polite smile on my face when I do so.

"Mostly good things." She laughs back as she quickly turns around, grabbing a plate off of the countering and then handing it over to me. "Harry made pancakes but he wouldn't let us eat any until you were down here." She laughs, quickly flashing her brother a teasing look.