Chapter 13

"Hey Jade," Harry knocks softly on the bedroom door, "I know you've said no already but I thought I'd ask again, are you sure you don't want to come back to London with me? I'm going to be gone for two nights, I just don't want you to be scared at all, plus I think it would be fun for you to meet my band mates."

I can tell by the tone in his voice he is trying to be understanding and let me do my thing, but I also know that he really wants me to go with him. However I softly shake my head anyway. "I'm sorry Harry, I'm just really not up for it, maybe another time though?" I snuggle further into the blankets, averting my gaze to the ground, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"Yeah, okay,definitely" He nods his head, a little hurt judging by the tone in his voice, he stands up straighter, adjusting his bag over his shoulder. "Well I'll see you Friday then." He turns to walk away but stops in his tracks, quickly turning to say one last thing to me. "By the way, I left something for you on the table."

I wait until he walks away and until I can barely hear the noise of his car before slowly climbing out of his bed and making my way into the kitchen. I make my way over to the table where I see a little baby blue purse, attached to it is a note. I pick it up and read to Jade, open with caution. I roll my eyes as I let out a small laugh at Harry's attempt at humour. When I open the purse the first thing I notice is a pair of keys. I gasp in shock and make my way outside. I gasp from excitement, the second I'm outside the first thing I notice is a black ford escape with a giant red bow stuck to the top. "Harry you..." I think out loud, not even sure how to react. I love that he bought this for me, and I get that he has a lot of money so it's probably not even that big of a deal to him, but this just makes me feel worse than ever before. I don't know how I'll ever be able to pay him back. As I think of all the ways I can make it up to him an idea suddenly crosses my mind. Without thinking too much of it I get in my car and make my way to the small town, about a ten minute drive from Harry's. Once I finally reach the town I make my way over to a small cafe, remembering that they were hiring not too long ago.

"Hi dear, what can I get for you today?" An older lady asks with a wave as I approach the front counter. "I highly recommend our London fog, not to sound conceited but it is literally out of this world."

My eyes naturally avert to the menu board, I give it a quick glance before telling her that I'll get the London fog. "Actually though, that's not the only reason I came here," she looks up from the cash register to give me a quick glance and a nod, I take it as a sign for me to carry on. "I was just wondering if you were still hiring?"

"It's $4.95," She says as she punches my ordered into her computer. "And do you have any experience at all?"

"Yeah I used to waitress at a bar in my home town for a bit and before that I worked in a cafe for a few years." I dig out the money from my new purse, then handing it over to her.

"When can you start?" She asks, taking me by surprise, as she hands me my change.

"I mean, right now if you wanted me to." I reply with a shrug.

"How about you come in tomorrow at 10, we can test you out to see how you do. You seem like a lovely girl and we are in definite need of some help." She gives me a polite smile while handing me my drink.

"Okay, thank you so much, I will definitely be in." I nod with a smile. "Oh! And what is the uniform?"

"Well we prefer your hair to be in a ponytail, bun, braids, or something tied back anyhow, and just dress nicely, it's nothing to over the top." She gives me a warm smile, "And I'm Sue by the way, see you tomorrow." Sue gives me a wave before making her way into the back with a couple dishes.