Chapter 5

"Jade, psst... Jade. We're here." I slowly blink open my eyes, and as I begin to come to, I notice someone gently touching my arm and I begin to panic until I realize that it's just Harry trying to wake me up.

"Oh sorry..." I apologize but trail off as I look around at my surroundings. "Um, I thought we were going to London?" I curiously ask, not sure why "London" is so different from what I was expecting.

"Oh yeah about that.., we are in two days, if that's okay, it's just that my mom and sister don't exactly live in London, we're in Holmes Chapel which is about two and a half hours out of London, we are at mums now." Harry quickly explains his story, and although I feel like I should be extremely pissed off at him right now for basically completely lying to me, I'm not the slightest bit upset, a little upset that I don't get to see London as soon as I would like, but not as upset as most people might be if someone just totally lied to them.

I hop out of Harry's vehicle after realizing that he was waiting for me to get out so that he can shut the door and lock it. "Yeah that's cool, I haven't been here either so it's basically just another place for me to say I've been." I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly to show him that I truly am cool with him bringing me here.

"Oh great!" He smiles down at me excitedly while grabbing our bags out from the back. "I was a little worried, I probably said this already but mom and Gemma are really cool, I'm sure you'll love them, you'll probably like them too. They're really nice, mom is such a good cook to, I'm so excited for you to meet them."

I smile up at Harry, I love the way he talks about his family with such love. It kind of makes me miss it, having a family, more, yet less at the same time. More because it makes me think of them more and just miss how much I loved them, but less because it reminds me of how even though they're gone, I will always love them the same.

"What?" Harry asks after a couple of minutes of me staring longingly up at him.

"Nothing I just," I pause thinking of how to properly phrase it. "I just love how much you love your family and how excited about them you get."

"Oh, well thanks." He turns away and I notice a light crimson creeping up his face. "Just so you know it's really early so mom might not be awake yet, so we'll have to be really quiet." Harry warns me as we make our way up to his front door. Or rather his mums front door.

Harry opens the door which thankfully is unlocked and we quietly make our way into his mums home. The instant I walk in I am met with the soft, comforting, sweet smell of sugar and dough that can only be associated with cinnamon buns.

"Harry!" I woman with long dark brown hair, slight, hardly noticeable wrinkles, and an apron currently wrapped around her walks into the entrance way, wrapping Harry up into a big hug. "I've missed you so much, I'm glad you could finally pay your own mother a visit."

She then turns to me with a huge smile on her face. "And you must be Jade, Harry might have mentioned you a couple times." She sends a wink in my direction as she looks between her own son and I, a look I've come to notice as Harry's deep in thought look on her face.

"Come on, in sure you two must be hungry after the long drive." She ushers us into the small kitchen, where I instantly notice French cinnamon buns on the counter.

"I thought you'd like some cinnamon buns, I don't know if you like them or not Jade, if you don't we can find you something else to eat, I just thought it would be a nice treat, I used to make them for Harry and his sister as a special tear when they were younger." She then pauses, again looking deep in thought for a brief second, she then turns around grabbing two plates out of a cupboard behind her and passing them to both Harry and I.