Ordinary

Charli's POV

Today was my first day of school and to be honest, I wasn't really much of a talker because I always kept quiet. I think that puts some distance between me and the rest of the world around me.

After I had introduced myself to my class, I went to go and take my seat and listen to the teacher ramble on about, whatever she was teaching.

When the bell rang to signify the end of school, I was packing my bag and I was just about finished, when someone walked up to me.

Just what I wanted, a conversation to end the school day. To be honest, that was the least of my worries because my mum would end me if I didn't get home before dark.

"Hey" the girl started

"Hi" I mumbled

"What brings you to our lovely school?" she asks

"Well..." I start "I've just recently moved into town and it's been kind of lonely"

"Well, it's nice to meet you Charli, I'm Kelsey" she exclaims

"Nice to meet you too Kelsey" I smile

"Would you like to join my friends and I for some ice-cream?" Kelsey questions

"Sure" I answer

"C'mon, let's go and join them now" she cheers

And just like that, Kelsey and I ran off to join her friends and we had a blast. I also got to meet Kelsey's friends Emily, Lily, April and Chloe.

I texted mum to tell her that I was out grabbing ice-cream with some friends, and she replied saying that she happy to know where I was. Mum was also glad that I had made friends on my first day of school.