Cloud nine

Bryce POV

It was about three in the morning and Delirious and I were loading up the car for our trip. It was the day of our flight and I was a nervous wreck but I had to hide the fact that I was a bit scared, We needed to go and talk things out with Delirious' real mate and the friend that marked Delirious. I don't know how any of this is going to go or how Delirious' real mate will take it when he see's me with his mate. 'Will he try to take Delirious back? If he does, Will Delirious go back to him? I can't tell, But the fact that the rejection hurt him as much as it did, He must of really loved him.' I shake my head and take in a deep breath to try to calm myself. 'If he really felt anything for Delirious, The thought of rejection would have never crossed his mind.' 

I growled then sighed out. I grabbed one of the bags and walked back to the car trying to get my mind off the topic but couldn't. 'Delirious' mate is a male omega like me right? Then why did he go and rejected Delirious? I never heard of an omega rejecting there mate, It was always the other way around.' I stopped what I was doing and looked to Delirious, not under standing why his mate did what he did.

 I see Delirious put one of our bags in the back of the car and he turns and see's me looking to him. He smiles and walks over to me. "Whats wrong, Tired? We did wake up earlier then were used to." Delirious said as he combed his hand trough my hair. I sighed feeling a smile come across my face and I purred into his touch. Delirious let out a laugh then turned and grabbed the bag I was holding. "I'll grab the rest of our things while you go ahead and wait for me in the car. Okay?" Delirious said as he placed a kiss on my head. I nodded and went to the car and got in the passenger seat. 

I looked out the window as I waited for Delirious. I started purring to myself happily for someone as sweet and kind as Delirious is going to be my mate.  'How can anyone reject someone so kind? Delirious' mate probably had someone else in mind.' I nodded at the thought but I stopped and pouted my face in confusion. 'But... Then why did he mark Delirious if he had someone else? A-and how/why did Delirious get a mark from his friend?' I frowned confused even more. I sat up and look down to my feet.  'Am I missing something?'

I then heard the car door open suddenly making me jump. I look over and see Delirious laughing. "Did I scare you?" Delirious asked as he got into the car. I shake my head. "No, N-not really, I was just lost in thought." I said as I sat back. Delirious looked to me as he buckled himself in. "About what?" I looked to him then back down to my feet. "About what might of happened over there...W-with your mate and all." I said still looking to my feet. I heard Delirious hum out so I looked over to him. Delirious closed his eyes as he started the car. He then lets out a sigh. "There was just so much going on. I wan't to tell you what happened but i'm not good at summing things up. So I'll have Cartoonz tell you when we get there. K?" Delirious said as he looked to me with a smile that looked a bit forced. I nodded seeing that Delirious didn't want to talk about whatever happened over there. 'I wouldn't want to talk about my mate rejecting me either.'  

We sat and listen to the radio as we drove through the cooled air. After a bit Delirious turned and lowered down the music, letting out another sigh. "Um.. Bryce." I look to Delirious confused. "What, Is something wrong with the car?" I asked leaning over to see if any of the icons where lit up. Seeing nothing wrong I look to Delirious. I then see Delirious tighten his grip onto the steering wheel. "I-i changed my mind. I want to be the one to explain everything to you. B-but not until we get there." I look to him confused. "Why can't you tell me now? And What made you change your mind?" I asked sitting back. I was a bit happy that he was opening up even if it was a small bit. Delirious looks to me then back to the road. "I need a bit more time, And I just feel that it's the right thing to do." I nodded giving him a smile. I was still confused but I trusted him.