Into The Dragon's Den

This is it.

That's all i can think right now. Well, that and shit shit holy fuck this better work. But i'm trying not to concentrate on the second one. I have to stay optimistic, or as best as i can given the current situation. I keep reminding myself that it's a surprise attack, we have a secret weapon and an advantage that Better Living Industries won't be expecting.

Still, it's one thing to plan a war and another thing to fight in one. The hope that if we play our cards right we could have the city by nightfall is what makes everyone drive so quickly towards the city. I'm in the trans am with Party, Ghoul, Jet and Kobra. Neon and Silver are on my bike, which is cruising alongside the car.

The only killjoy who isn't headed towards the city is Dr Death Defying himself. He's settled in the outskirts at some underground base, the city's CCTV systems have been hacked for him so that he can monitor everything that happens from his vantage point and direct killjoys to where they're most needed.

And when it comes to the big finale that this battle seems to be, we're the stars. Our group's the one that's going in right after the first wave of attacks, straight to the BL/ind headquarters where there should be just the right amount of chaos that we can easily get inside, and then go after the big names, shooting them down once and for all.

I glance down at the paper in my lap, where there are clear pictures and names of the leaders of the corporation. There's only one person above Korse, and that's an asian woman with a sleek black bob. No one knows her name, only that she's as cold hearted as it gets. She let Korse take care of everything whilst she just sits back and watches her plans fall into place. We need her and Korse dead within the next few hours.

"Hey" Party reaches over, keeping one hand on the steering wheel as he squeezes my knee "It'll be okay. It's not like you're a stranger to attacking the city, it's just that we've never done it on this scale before."

"Yeah, and once this is over then we'll never have to attack again" Ghoul adds from the back, forever being the optimistic one of the group. To him, nothing could ever go wrong. And if it did, then oh well, he'd always try to pick himself up.

"That's one way to put it" i forced a small smile in the rearview mirror before turning back to look out at the road, where i can see the city looming closer and closer. I know that the other killjoys have moved in for the kill about five minutes ago, and one team were going to open the main gate of the city walls so that we can just go straight into the crossfire.

Sure enough, as we near the start of the walls we can see that the barrier's been lifted, a good sign for the killjoys. Party floors it, and the trans am gain speed without any of us even seeming worried. It's nothing compared to what we're about to be faced with, even when we go so fast that i have no choice but to lean back into my seat.

We all but skid through the city walls and into the fresh battle scene. Killjoys are pouring from everywhere, an array of bright colours and laser guns. My hand trails down to my gun, and i'm itching to stop and help them out, but one look from Kobra reminds me that we're here for the bigger picture, to take down the company from the inside.

All the same, me and Ghoul both roll down our windows as we speed along, shooting down the odd drac here and there as Party twists and turns the car through the city streets, where mayhem has officially broken free. Even the zombie-like citizens looked panicked as they try to run to safety, their pills not enough to protect them now.

"There!" Party spins the car to a stop as we reach the main headquarters. It looms above us, and i can see the entrance just across a bridge type of walkway. We leave the car in the middle of the road, parked right across the lane so that no traffic will be able to get past before jumping out, all of our guns at the ready. Neon and Silver park the bike beside us and catch up to where we're standing with ease.