Grab & Go

An hour later and the four killjoys, myself and Neon are sneaking down the alleyways again. Silver had been desperate to come along too, but she's just too ill to be able to make it in and out without holding the rest of us up. She knew this, and so watched us go, saying she'll try and get some rest whilst we're gone and preserve her battery. 

"We'll go around the back of one of the shops, there's a vending machine for batteries near the back of the place" Neon explains as we take an unfamiliar back alley. I can clearly make out the back shop entrances that run along the place, and she leads up behind the first one. "Okay, so remember what we planned?" 

"Me and Jet will take down the cashier, Kobra and Spark will hold any civilians in there hostage and Neon and Party will secure the place" Ghoul nods. "We're all set, let's just go for it." 

"Okay" Neon nods "but follow me okay? I can scope it out first and then if all's good i'll whistle for you guys." For a moment i want to make some comment on how i didn't realise droids could whistle, but by this point she's already disappearing inside whilst the rest of us edge up towards the door. 

"Hey" Party murmurs in my ear "be safe in there, okay?" 

"I always am" i chuckle "just give me a shout if you need a hand sweetheart" i add patronisingly, making him roll his eyes.

"You love destroying my pride, don't you?" i'm about to make some remark on the lines of how he doesn't have much pride anyway when we hear a distinctive whistle, signalling for us to go in. We all run through the doors and quick as a flash overcome the place. 

It's only a small shop, so it takes literally seconds for Neon and Party to pull down the blinds, blocking out the outside world's view and flip the sign to closed. Party even bolts the door whilst he's at it. 

Ghoul and Jet shoot the drac behind the counter, leaving me and Kobra to turn on the civilians in the shop. There's only two - a man and a woman who look to be in their early thirties. They're obviously high on pills, a glazed expression across their faces as he throw our hands over their mouths. They're too relaxed on pills to catch on quick enough, and by the time they start to struggle it's too late - Kobra's already placing tape over their mouths whilst i tie their hands behind their backs with the rope Silver gave to me.

"We secure?" Party asks, to which there is a resounding 'yes' from the rest of us. 

"Okay" Neon glances over at our captives briefly "those two will need to be drugged with this" she holds up a clear bottle of liquid "so that they won't remember our faces, specifically mine. I can't have any dracs kicking us out the city when the batteries we need are here."

"I'll take care of it" Kobra takes the bottle from her and turns back to the captives. 

"Okay, the rest of you come to the vending machine. We're going to need to tip it over and let me tell you it's going to take a lot of man power to do it" the gestures for us to follow and so we all trail after her, reaching a promising machine near the back. I can clearly see the batteries stored within it, fresh rows of them that must have been recently imported. 

"Perfect" Jet grins "okay, now everyone come around the left side and push" we all scrambled to get a hold of the one side of the machine, which ends up with me leaning over Ghoul in order to get a good grip. "Okay, one, two, three!" 

We all push, with a few warrior cries thrown in here and there, gradually tipping the damn thing more and more to the side until eventually, with an almighty crash, it falls to the floor. I nearly fall with it, but Party grabs me by the arm and pulls me back to my feet. 

"What were you saying back there?" He mutters as the others start to unload the batteries, filling up the rucksack Neon brought with her with the small white boxes, marked with different coloured plus signs.