February 13: Garfy's Diary

Author's Note: Okay, this chapter is going to have a lot of Andrew's point of view. I really hope I give enough credit to him and his thoughts and please forgive if ever I was inadequate with writing Andrew's mind. :) Enjoy!

February 13: (Saturday 4am)

"FEBRUARY 1: Don't laugh, this is a journal I'm writing, just so we're clear. Not a girly diary. Never."  

I thought you said 'never say never,' Garfy. I thought to him, smiling.

He wrote, "Alright, so this morning, I was going back to Physics class when this new girl bumped into me, kissing my cheek. Oddly enough, I couldn't help thinking how familiar she looks though I don't know why. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled how she kissed me even if it's just an accident, but I decided to stall and try to get toknow her. Everything I see about her is very interesting. She's not that loud––seeing as how she didn't freak out about me bumping into her––but not that very reserved either. She's not stuck-up seeing as how she didn't get riled up when I made her drop her books. She has incredibly beautiful, intimidating eyes––which are quite big if I might add." 

Oh, so he thinks I have big eyes, huh? I made a mental note to ask him about it later when I get to their house. I also made another mental note to tease him about his thick eyebrows as payback for him saying I have big eyes.

But hey, at least he said they're beautiful and intimidating, right?

"Her blonde hair looks so smooth. Her fringe was hanging low on her eyes and my hands itched to comb them back. See? I gathered all of that in less than five seconds of looking at her.

I so badly wanted to get to know her but I held myself back. What if she's just like most girls at school that when I talk to them, they'd immediately think I want to get laid? What makes me sick is that they actually dig it. So I decided to read her first... by trying to flirt with her.

When I asked her why she didn't apologize for the kiss, I was a little doubtful about her. But when she blushed from embarrassment, I was relieved. I was right. She was different."

I smiled at that. I remembered how guarded he was at first––even if he was flirting with me––but when I blushed right then and there, I felt him warming up to me.

"To be honest, I wasn't surprised when I saw her come into my Physics class. I think I remember my Aunt telling me that there'll be a new student and that I should keep my eyes open for that student. Turns out, she's that student.

Her shocked face was pretty priceless when she saw I got here before she did. What she didn't know is that I knew a shortcut. She scowled at me when Ms. Sanders called her out for being late as if it was my fault. And that cute reaction right there made me decide to make it a point to always antagonize her. I'm pretty sure it'll be fun."

Ugh, screw me and my cute reactions!

"And lastly, this is also the day I learned about the word canoodling."

I chuckled, remembering how he looked so confused when I said he's an expert at canoodling.

"Also, the nicknames Garfy and Little Miss Cocky came to be."

Aw, I can't believe he remembered that.

"FEBRUARY 2: Ah, the day I reached one of my goals in life: to be Em's driver."  

I laughed at his title. They're so much better than mine.

"Early in the morning, I got a call from Em. She asked me if I could give her a ride to school. Of course, being the most handsome gentleman that I am, I said yes."