February 2: How My Mommy Met Garfy

February 2 : (Tuesday)

I bolted up after hearing my alarm clock ring. I unwillingly opened my eyes to take a peek at the time. It's just 5:30 am! Groaning, I pressed the snooze button. Five more minutes, I pleaded in my head. Somehow, I think my alarm heard me because it didn't ring for the next sixty minutes.

It was probably the sound of my phone receiving a new text that woke me up. I groggily looked at it and it said,

FROM: Garfy ;)

Good morning, sleepy head!

I was still feeling too sleepy to reply.

When I finally had the will to sit up from my oh, so very comfortable bed, I cursed. My alarm clock says it's only 6:03 am! I probably would've believed it if it weren't for the fact that the seconds stopped blinking also. The battery died!

Shit, shit, shit. I kept repeating in my head as I hurried to take a shower. I can't be late again!

As I was taking the shower, I told myself to move faster. So instead of my regular 20-minute shower, I managed to cut it down into 10-15 minutes. Then I got out of my bathroom, put on a yellow dress since it was the first one that my hand had touched inside my closet, and ran down the stairs. I almost tripped twice.

When I got into the kitchen, I came towards the fridge for something to eat. As I was about to open it, I saw a note from my mom. And it said,

Emma,

Mr. Owens, my boss, called earlier and wanted me to go to work immediately to do some paper works. Of course I couldn't refuse him so I left at around 5:00 am. Don't worry. I made sure that you'll have something to eat before I go. Your breakfast is inside the microwave, sweetie.

PS. You can drive yourself to school. Take care, love you!

-Mom.

I sighed and turned towards the microwave instead. I took out my breakfast--just like what my mom had promised--and thankfully, it was my favorite. Pancakes. I wanted to heat it first before eating it but then I remembered that I was running late thanks to my good-for-nothing alarm clock. So instead, I just decided to eat it as it is and poured a large amount of honey. Just like how my dad used to serve my pancakes. Too bad I can't take my sweet time on eating this.

After eating my breakfast--which only took like 3-5 minutes, I hurriedly washed them on the sink. Then I grabbed my neon pink Jansport bag and made my way to the garage. I must admit, I'm kind of a bit excited to drive my black mini cooper to school. So I practically jumped into the driver's seat and started the engine.

Before driving out, I glanced at my wrist watch and checked the time. I cursed. It's already 7:05! I only have less than thirty minutes to go to school! I pretty much have to drive fast so I tried to drive off immediately.

Unfortunately, I can't.

Shit, what's wrong now? I whined. Apparently, my gas is empty. Can't things go my way for once?! How am I supposed to go to school now?

Think. Think. Think.

If I called my mom... No. What good would that make? She'd have to excuse herself first before leaving the office then drive her way home. Even if she managed to excuse herself immediately, by the time she got here, I would be very late already.

I groaned. Ugh, who else is there?!

All of a sudden, an idea popped into my mind. There is someone I can ask for a ride. And he doesn't even live far from here. Probably from a few blocks away? Who cares? He's my only chance of getting to school on time. So I fished out my phone and called him, hoping that he's still on his way to school.