February 4: Who Calls Garfy A Booty Call?!

February 4: (Thursday)

Calling... Garfy ;)  

"Hello?" I answered his call.

"Good morning!" He greeted.

"Wow, someone's a bit cheery in the morning." I replied while sitting up in my bed. Seriously, Andrew's been the one who's waking me up since Tuesday morning.

"Well, someone's a bit grumpy in the morning too." He retorted. "Won't you at least say good morning back?"

I glanced at the clock and smiled. It's 5:45 am. Andrew's just in time to wake me up. "Sorry. You sort of woke me up. And, Good Morning Andrew!" I greeted him with a very loud voice.

"Whoa! That's a bit loud." A triumphant smile played in my lips as I can already see him wincing at his phone.

"What?" I asked innocently. "I thought you wanted me to greet you a good morning so I did. I didn't want you to think that I only greeted you half-heartedly so I––"

"Emma?" My mom called while standing on my doorway. "Is something wrong? I heard you shout a while ago."

"Is that Krista?" Andrew asked on the phone.

"Yup." I answered him. "Wait a sec."

"No, mom. Everything's fine. I'm just talking to Andrew on the phone." I informed her by holding out my phone.

"Oh." Then her eyes widened a fraction. "Are you guys having a fight?" Wow, she sounded way more dejectedly than I imagined.

"No! We're not." I think I heard Andrew laugh on the other line. "We were just teasing each other mom. Wanna say hi to him?"

I pressed 'Loudspeaker' so he can hear her. "Good morning, Krista! Sorry about Emma screaming earlier. I just called to wake her up. Don't want her to be late again you know."

My mom laughed light-heartedly. "Of course, honey." When did she start calling him honey? "It's a good thing too because if I was left to wake her up myself, a lot of pulling, raised voices and hot water would be involved."

"Oh-kay mom!" I pulled my phone away before she could share another story about me. "Don't you have something else to do downstairs?"

"Nope." She quickly replied with a smirk.

"Seriously, you still need to cook me breakfast, right?" I tried. Take a hint, mom.

"Nope, I'm done doing that." She's still smirking...

"How about you heat up the shower so I can take a bath already." I tried once more.

She snorted. "Please, you're 18. You can do that yourself." Cue Andrew's laughter on the phone.

I gave her a look that said Go down the stairs! She held her hands up in surrender and said, "Okay, okay. I can take a hint." Really? "I'll just be downstairs if you need me. Good morning again, Andrew!" She greeted before walking down the hallway.

I turned off the Loudspeaker and said to Andrew, "Sorry about my mom––" 

"No, it's okay." He assured me. "Besides, I have one just like her here at home."

I smiled. "Are my mom and Lynn really that alike?"

"You'd be surprised at how much they talk like each other. Speaking of which, my mom's really dying to meet you. She keeps on bugging me when you're going to come over and meet her; same as my dad. She thinks I'm so embarrassed of them that's why I'm still not bringing you over. I literally had to promise them that you'll be coming over on Saturday just to keep them off my back. We're still on for Saturday, right?" He asked me.