February 1: And Then There's Jakey

"Hey, what are you staring at?" Andrew asked me while trying to see what I'm looking at. 

So I quickly averted my gaze from Jake and said, "Nothing." I cleared my throat. "So, about our tutoring sessions?"

"Oh, right." He grinned then as if noticing Maggie's presence for the very first time, he faced her and said, "Uhm...?"

She cleared her throat. "Maggie. My name's Maggie Evers." Then offered her hand for him to shake. Which he did.

"Sorry for the interruption of your girly time with Emma, Maggie. But we––"

"Girly time?" I snorted, making Andrew cover my mouth to shut me up.

"As I have said," He continued, smiling. And still not removing his right hand from my mouth. "We just needed to talk about our tutoring sessions."

"No, it's fine." Maggie replied with a wave of her hand and turned to me, saying, "I'll just be over to my locker. Don't want to interrupt your session." She smirked at me, which didn't go unnoticed by Andrew. "I'll see you later, Em!" And with one last playful wink at me, she walked away. Leaving me alone to deal with Andrew.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "You make it sound like we're a couple having a major closure before a break-up." 

I gaped at him. He's right! It did sound that way when I asked him. Trying a new approach, I said instead, "At least we're breaking up." Realizing how wrong it souded, yet again, I mentally slapped myself while Andrew laughed louder.

"We don't have to if you don't want to." He joked after sobering up.

He received a smack in the shoulder from me for saying that. "Whatever." I scoffed. 

"Chill down, Little Miss Cocky." He playfully nudged me.

I sighed. "Are we going to have a serious conversation or not?"

He smiled in return and said, "Alright, alright."

"Wait!" I interrupted him. "Before you continue, I want to ask you something."

His eyes held a glint of amusement. "Shoot."

"What's that blond bimbo's name?" I asked him, indifferently.

"Who?" He asked me, looking fairly confused.

"That cheerleader that you mentioned in Physics class a few hours ago." I reminded him. "You know, the one you said who's been eyeing us while we keep on exchanging notes.

You can almost see the spark of familiarity in his strange but beautiful hazel brown eyes. "Oh yeah! She does seemed pissed. What about her?"

"What's her name?" 

He thought for a bit. "I think it's either Carly or Candy. I'm not sure."

"So which is it?"

"Don't know, don't care. Why'd you ask?" Then he suddenly smirked before saying, "Don't tell me..."

"Don't tell you what?"

He studied me for a few seconds. "You're jealous." He stated, confidently.

"I am not!" I exclaimed. How can he come up with that conclusion? Is he delusional or something? I wouldn't ever like him that way. Besides, I've already set my eye on one of his friends.

He studied me again, but I can tell that he's only pretending. "In denial." He stated once more.

I raised my hand to pose a threat of hitting him. Because of that, his playful smirk dropped and replaced it with an apologetic smile.