February 7: Sexual Harassment?

February 7:  (Sunday)

FROM:  Garfy ;)  

     Hi! Morning! :)

I was woken up by this awfully short but unexpectedly heart-warming greeting from Andrew. It's only 9:30am so he's exactly at the right time to wake me up. I looked through my inbox, trying to see if Jake has texted me again but I found myself frowning that he didn't.

He isn't even going to explain what he said last night? And he didn't even at least try to lie about it?

You know what, I don't care. I won't fuss over something as ridiculous as him this early in the morning. But then again, maybe I just misunderstood his message. After all, I didn't text him back and asked him about it since I really was pissed. Maybe he was referring to asking another girl friend of his...

But then why did he say he'd "ask another girl out for a date"?

I shook my head to get rid of that thought. I'd just deal with this later.

So I just decided to text Andrew back.

TO:  Garfy ;)  

     Morning! :) Still on for tonight?

I actually have mixed feelings about me and my mom having dinner with Andrew's family. I must admit, I feel excited about the fact that I'm going to meet his parents, who, by the way, were friends with my dad so they have a connection with him and my mom. And at the same time, I feel nervous. The line "what if they won't like me?" kept replaying in my head.

But, just to be realistic here, I think his mom, Lynn, definitely likes me. Hopefully. 

No, I mean, since she's so bent on making me and his son together, then her approval ratings of me must at least be higher than her approval ratings of say, Justin Bieber after getting arrested. 

I'm not so sure about Mr. Garfield though. I really haven't met him and I've only known so little about him.

I haven't noticed when he replied back, but when I glanced back at my phone, there's already a text notification from Andrew.

FROM:  Garfy ;)  

     Of course! My mom and Trish would probably be depressed for months if tonight got cancelled. Isn't it weird though? Our parents already ate dinner together yesterday and they're going to eat dinner together tonight again. Well, plus us, of course.

I smiled after reading his text. Our parents really our weird... 

TO:  Garfy ;)  

     I have a feeling that the ones who are going to do a lot of talking later are both our moms. 

FROM:  Garfy ;)  

     Haha no doubt about that! ;)

I couldn't help but giggle.

I was about to reply to him when I heard my mom call from the other side of my bedroom door, "Em, honey? Are you awake?"

I sighed. "Yes, mom. Why?"

She opened the door and stuck her head in. "I was wondering if you could get a quick trip to the grocery store? We're kind of running low on food supplies." She paused, giving me a fake accusing look. "And also, our steak supply suddenly disappeared. I wonder what happened to that..." She trailed, arching an eyebrow at me with a smirk.