February 5: Kissing And Slapping

February 5:  (Friday)

I yawned for the millionth time since I woke up this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night, especially after that thing with the article––I chose not to mention it anymore since Andrew and I have already solved that matter last night too.

"Em, you're not eating your breakfast." My mom scolded, breaking me out of my reverie.

"Sorry." I muttered in response.

She must've noticed my tone because she then looked worried and asked, "Is something wrong, honey? Did you and Andrew fight?"

I faced her with furrowed eyebrows. "Why do you always assume that whenever I'm upset is because Andrew and I had a fight?"

She shrugged. "Since he's your best friend and I don't see you being attached to other people in your school so I'm assuming you're only this upset when you and him fight."

"Mom, you make it sound like I have a pathetic social life. I've made friends in school besides Andrew." I argued. We're getting far from the point here.

"Well, Have you made best friends in school besides Andrew too?" She asked. Since I didn't have an answer, she said, "Thought so. You and him act so close it's like you guys are already dating."

"Anyways," I started immediately before she can start gushing about Andrew and I. She once said that she ships Andrew and I and she calls us Emdrew or Stonefield in her head. See? My mom's only one of the few mothers who actually knows how to 'ship', especially her daughter and her daughter's best friend. "Andrew and I didn't fight. I just have a lot on my mind right now. You know, schoolwork." I added as an afterthought to sound convincing.

"Okay." She sighed. "Good to know. I was so close to calling Lynn if you told me that you and Andrew had a fight. We'd be the one to make you guys up immediately."

I gave her a crazy look. "What are you guys? Trying to be a marriage councilor or something?"

She just chuckled as if she found that amusing. "About that schoolwork of yours, you know you can ask Andrew for help––"

"Mom, why do you often include Andrew in our conversations?" I cut her off.

Stone-faced, she said, "Do you really want me to answer that?"

I think I already know what her answer's gonna be, that she and Lynn are so keen on getting Andrew and I together. Oh, did I mention Lynn also ship Andrew and I? I know, our parents are weird that way.

"You know what, never mind." I decided.

"Thought so." She smirked. "Finish that off now so you can go to school early." And meet up with Andrew... Oh, that was so implied in her tone.

***

I was humming One Direction's new song Diana when I got off my cooper out into the school's parking lot when I noticed something wrong. 

Do you know that feeling that when you enter a room, all the people inside gets quiet and just stares at you so you know that they're talking about you?

Yes? That sucks, doesn't it?

Well, imagine that happening to you with like half the whole student body looking at you in an open space––say like, your school's parking lot actually. If it wasn't obvious already, that's happening to me right now. There were like half a hundred students in CPEHS' wide parking lot who were once chatting with their friends suddenly turned their heads towards my direction.