Chapter 1: My Supposed Villain Origin Story

-------
(A/N)
TRIGGER WARNING LABELED (Rape- doesn't really go into full detail, but still could be a trigger for some people 🤭❤️)

———
A QUICK PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:
A lot of these chapters are 1st or 2nd drafts so I apologize for any plot holes or grammar/phrasing errors! I will be able to close them up after the story comes to an end! Thank you! (June 1st, 2022)
------

Percy's POV

I have questioned my existence on multiple occasions before, but never as much as I have wandering the streets of New York. I have nowhere to run to after.. events.. on my part. Betrayed and left for dead. All of my sorrow and pain have turned into a song of hatred and bitterness.

Poetic.

Disdain-filled eyes follow me everywhere.. almost like they followed me into my nightmares. I can't even grieve without spiraling towards paranoia.

*—Flashback—*

It was the closest thing to a perfect day: sitting all cool and enjoying the breeze, until I heard a scream coming from the outskirts of camp near Thalia's Tree. With all of my strength, I ran as fast as I could with Riptide, fully prepared to slash and burn any monster that dare to attack or come close to the new camper.

A boy with the the same black shaggy hair and the same bright sea green eyes came sprinting up the mountain. He looked to be maybe a year or two younger than I am? But I couldn't be certain at this distance. I continued to run towards him, to cut off any monster following his trail.

A loud bark raised my awareness that this kid wasn't being chased by a monster, but chased by none other but Ms. O'leary! Oh! Thank Gods it wasn't the Minotaur, I had zero wanting to see his face again after he stole my sandwich for the third time. Nasty bastard owes me..

I waved my arms in front of Ms. O'Leary and she skid to a stop. The kid also stopped like keep running! If this is his method of surviving, he's going to die pretty quickly.

"Excuse me miss, but are you supposed to be chasing campers?" I chuckled. I can never help my self but to smile wide whenever I see her cute and slobbery face. She couldn't either, but instead of a smile, she gave me a huge kiss across my body with her massive tongue. DiSgUsTiNg! I glanced over at the kid and it also looked like he was going to gag. Rightful so.

I turned my head towards him to introduce myself to him before the rest of camp showed up. They never help my anxiety with their randomly timed flashy entrances do they? Another thing I DIDN'T realize until too late, is that this kid has a big personality, but.. not in a good way.

"Hellooo!!! I ALMOST DIED because of this guy's prank! He chased me with his pet monster!"

Ha! Like anyone's going to believe that! Who was chasing him? Nico?! Hahahaha!

..
Wait? Is he meaning me?? Is he serious?

I could feel my face contort in confusion, I scoffed. Strangely, with all the dirty looks I got, I think they actually believed him. Wow, ok. After all this time, they still think I'm this big of an asshole? I'm surrounded by idiots! Fantastic.

_ - _-_-_-_-_-_

Weeks after Daren's arrival, I could tell many of my friends dropped me like flies. I started a mental tally of how many dirty looks or snide comments I get in a day. People are really testing my patience with their bullshit these recent days. I mean, I still have gods? Uh.. Piper, Thalia.. Clarisse? I think?.. annnd Annabeth! My love!