Chapter Six-

I swallowed against the tightness in my throat that was slowly intensifying. My eyes fluttering as they stared up at Lee's face, his mouth playing with a smirk, a mischievous glint in his eyes. My whole body was overwhelmed by heat, and I was trying to decide - as a distraction for myself - if Amanda had turned the heating up, or if I was having a hot flush. None of them seemed likely, if I was honest with myself. At that moment, Lee pushed more pressure onto my wrist that were pinned to the mattress by his knees. 

    My eyes shot to his. "Why've you been avoiding me?" He asked me, his voice low but with an undertone of hurt. The words I haven't were on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't say it because I didn't want to lie. Truth is, I was a little disgusted with myself for lusting after my best friend. Male best friend. I know that if my parents ever found out, they'd disown me. It would be a disgrace to their family name. But at the moment, looking up at him, I couldn't give a shit. 

    "I think you know the reason why, Lee." I muttered, but I know he still heard it by the shift of his weight as he leaned back. The smirk was wiped from his lips and his knees released my wrists. His eyes looked down on me, not even bothering to hide his disappointment. 

    "Seriously? Turning homophobic on me now, Jake?" I furrowed my brows and propped myself up on my elbows. 

    "What? No, of course not. That's not what I meant," I paused, taking a breath and scanning my eyes through the air like I was searching for the words, as if they were hiding from me. "Look, it's just really new to me and I had to get my head around it."

    "How the fuck is it new to you? We've been messing around since we were fourteen!" He practically screamed and my hand instantly shot up to slap him before a sharp shush left my lips. He looked at me with bewilderment. 

    "Mandy's still here, I really don't need her knowing about this." I whispered with irritation. He rolled his eyes in return. I fidgeted underneath his body that was still weighing down my chest. "Can you get off me now?" 

    "No." Was his snappy answer. I sighed and collapsed back down into the duvets, a slight ache around my elbows and shoulders as they were released from the strain of holding my torso up. I could feel his stare burning against my skin expectantly, waiting for me to continue. 

    "When we used to fool around, that's all it was; we just messed with each other. We never meant anything by it, didn't feel anything for each other-"

    "So you feel something for me?" Lee interrupted, that smirk fixed back in it's place. I fought the itch to smack it off.

    "Yes. No. I...don't know. Maybe?" My pitch grew higher at the last word, gazing up at him with confusion at my own answer. He didn't seem like he was about to add his own opinion in, so I carried on. "I guess now that we're older, it's just different. We're more..."

    "Horny?" 

    "No." 

    "Sexual?" 

    "No! Lee just shut up and let me speak." He stayed silent, so I took that as my que. "We're more..." I couldn't find a sensible way to explain it, so I just gave up. "Oh fuck it. Yes, we're more horny." Lee smiled with victory. I rolled my eyes to the side and decided to concentrate on my chest of drawers.

    It was only a few seconds later that Lee stood up, his trainers leaving dirt marks on my duvet, and jumped down from the bed. My eyes flickered up to the full length mirror that was positioned to the left of my drawers, waiting for him to come into view. 

    At first, I could only see half of his body; moving in and out of view whilst I heard him fiddling with the zipper on his duffel. I wondered what he was doing but didn't remove my eyes from the mirror. A few piles of clothes came into view, landing on top of my bed as he tossed them out - I briefly wondered how long he'd expected to stay here for - then the rest of his body came into view as he moved to the side, his hand ruffling up his fringe before instantly - like he just knew - flicking his eyes up to mine at the mirror. I flinched at the intensity of his gaze, but didn't look away.