Chapter One-

I sighed as I closed the front door to Lee's house behind me, turning to find that he'd already walked ahead and into the lounge. He's not the politest of people. Walking down the hall and past the stairs, to the living room door that Lee had disappeared into, I noticed for the first time all of the photos they had in frames aligning the wall - not that I haven't been here countless times before hand, but I've never really taken in the look of the place. 

    It was dark since the Towson's loved to save on energy and contribute to saving the planet - well, his mother and father did, Lee on the other hand couldn't really give two shits about conserving energy and his carbon footprint. Not that I could say much towards that, I'm the same. 

    As I neared the entrance I could hear the conversation they were having. 

    "Where've you been all afternoon?" I'm pretty sure that was his older sisters voice, Kimberly - I should know, I've had enough fantasies to recognise it. Sometimes it sucks to be young when there's a really hot girl whose two years older than you and thinks that you're still a "kid" - fuck, I'm sixteen, I'm not a child anymore. But she obviously doesn't see that. 

    "Just hanging with Jake." Lee replied, I just caught him shrug as I swung around the door frame to grace them with my presence as if on cue, with a sweet smile set in my features. I, unlike Lee, am always polite. It pays when you need favours or a place to stay. 

    "Ah, hello Jake!" Mrs. Towson exclaimed with a warm grin. 

    "Hey." I stopped by Lee's side who, most likely on purpose, was stood in direct view of the television in order to make sure everyone's attention stayed focused on him. Attention whore. His sister didn't look too happy about that, curled up on the couch with a blanket snuggled around her. I'd join her if their mother wasn't in the room. 

    "So what did you get up to?" She asked, the grin still fixed in place; flashing bleached teeth with her blue eyes fixed upon her son, stood to my left.

    "Nothing really. Hung around with some of Jake's mates and met his girlfriend." I swallowed with embarrassment at that point - I felt like nudging him and saying, not in front of your mum, but I kept my cool even as I sported a faint blush. 

    With a slight raise of an eyebrow at Lee's little girlfriend comment, his mum asked, "Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?" 

    "No, it's okay. We shared a Maccy D's." Lee turned his head to look at me, his hands shoved in his pockets in his usual fashion. "Unless you're still hungry?" His eyes flickered up and down my face as he waited for my answer.

    "Nah, I'm fine thanks." Which reminded me; Lee spilt fucking coke on my shirt - which is expensive material and definitely isn't going to please my own mother. With a roll of my eyes and a quick glance at the faded stain on my white shirt, I leaned towards Lee and murmured, "I'll be up in your room." Before shooting a quick smile towards his mother and sister and turning to the doorway once more. 

    As I left, I faintly heard his mum say something like, "Your father won't be home 'til late tonight, he's got a heavy work load this month." I took the stairs two steps at a time, turning right and heading down the narrow hall to Lee's room. Even though they were quite well off - money wise - they didn't like to make it obvious with a big house and flashy cars. I liked that about them. My parents on the other hand are complete twats, constantly flashing their notes around like it's just a worthless piece of paper. 

    I swung open the door to Lee's room, closing it quietly behind me.

    I've always liked Lee's bedroom; plain and simple with only the things he needs - a double bed in the centre of the floor with a television mounted on the wall in direct line, his x-box laying underneath on the top of his drawers, which is where I once found dirty magazines when we were fourteen...