Chapter 13 - Feeling Good

It's Friday! Yay...so what's on repeat in my car?

I Feel it Coming - The Weekend (of course!)

Look out for another chapter tomorrow:) Promise x

Chapter 13

The weekend comes quickly. After seeing my paintings hung up, I am a bit more relaxed.

Monday is going to be grueling but I'm eager to see how everything comes together.

Sips calls me on Saturday to say that he has managed to secure a videographer willing to film the whole choreography routine on Monday for free, and since I'm going to be a part of the exhibition and unable to see how it looks, this is a much needed exercise. Filming it will allow me to view it afterwards and make changes to my routine if need be.

I suspect the videographer Sips has managed to secure at no charge is a woman trying to impress him. I'm wise enough to know that nobody does anything for free.

I ask him to join me at Don Jose's at 10pm. Don Jose is the eatery at which I waitress at over weekends.

I want to buy Sips a beer and a lamb shank to thank him for all his help. It's hardly enough for all the work he's put into helping me, but it's the least I am able to do.

There's a cool new act Barry, the owner has been raving about called 'The Jazz Funk Trio', which I think Sips will like. Maybe, we could get our groove on as well, if the music's good.

We both love dancing, especially modern jazz, and the few times that I've gone out clubbing with him, it was to jazz clubs where we both worked up quite a sweat.

He isn't deejaying tonight so he says he will meet me there.

My shift at Don Jose's is abuzz with pleasant patrons this evening who have tipped me well so far. Enough for two beers each, and even dessert later on.

Don Jose's is an old watering hole for mainly college student. It's not far from the university and is situated in a suburb that houses a lot of students that live off campus. It's had a good run for years, and is packed to the seams over the weekends.

My boss, Barry started the place just after completing college. Barry had vision and saw the need for a local student watering hole way back in the day when few student hang-outs existed. He went on to buy an old Cape Dutch-styled house which he promptly converted into a restaurant.

The place has a hippie/bohemian feel having being decked out with a tasteful mishmash of décor from every era since the early 19th century. The art nouveau cut glass chandeliers, original wooden floors and three fireplaces with hand painted clay tiles, add to the laid back vibe of the place.

Barry and his wife Penelope home-brew their own beer and Don Jose is one of the only places I know of that has no restrictions on smoking inside.

People light up anywhere and everywhere here, and if it wasn't for the fire extinguishers that I know are serviced regularly, I would have been very nervous working here.

For about five years now, Barry has started up mini-jam sessions over the weekends, allowing up-and-coming musicians the opportunity to showcase their talent here. Some great musicians were first discovered right here at this humble dig.

I could get a job at a more 'kosher' place, as Rahul puts it, but I like it here. The people are friendly, the food is hearty and honest, just like the owners, and I'd rather wait on unpretentious, down-to-earth customers anytime, rather than walking on egg-shells in a posh place with the snobby rich, who would probably tip better, but at the cost of your sanity and soul.