Leave

Okay so you're all going to hate me after this but here we go....

_______________________________________________________________________

Bringing up the whole college thing brought Dalton and I to an awkward place, most of our conversations are short and simple, and when we talk a little more than that it always turns into a fight. I spend a ton of time now with Jessica, planning her wedding (even though its about 15 months away, she's keeping a day-by-day countdown), to get away from him.

"Lets talk a dress." Jessica squealed in delight while pulling out, yet another, bridal magazine. "Halter or sweetheart?" She questioned while fingering through the pages.

"Halter," I answered, "It would compliment your body better, plus you wouldn't have to worry about it falling down."

"Good point, A-line or mermaid?" She asked looking up at me.

"Definitely A-line with halter."

"Alright, so we'll go dress shopping for an A-line, halter soon." She said writing down the information. I laughed at how early she's planning all of it.

After Jessica discusses more wedding plans with me I go back to the apartment, something I don't want to do but I have to. I quickly unlock the door and quietly walk in, I don't want Dalton to hear that I'm home. I started towards the bathroom so I can grab make-up, clothes and leave so I could go out for the day with Dana.  Dana understands what I'm going through with Dalton and wants to keep me away until this all blows over.

"Sutton?" A small voice questioned, Dalton's voice to be exact.  I stopped in my tracks, took a deep breath and turned around.

"Yeah Dalt?" I asked, I turned to see him standing in the door frame.

"Why didn't you say anything or make any noise while walking in?" He asked with tears forming in his eyes. "Why haven't we been us, Sutton and Dalton lately? We're different now and I don't like it." Tears were streaming down his face bringing his eyeliner with them. "Sutton.." He barely managed to choke out, "I miss what we had." I looked at my crying bad boy of a boyfriend, tears started to fill my eyes.

"Dalt, I miss "us" too but going to my dream school is really important to me You were supportive at first but now we're barely talking and when we do talk we just fight." Tears were streaming down my face now, Dalton's grey eyes were filled with sorrow. "I go to school starting in a month, it's only an hour away and I'm going to be living here, I really don't get what the problem is." The now mess I call my boyfriend walked up to me, arms opened while he pulled me into a warm embrace.

"Sutton, the thing is I don't want to be far from you with all the hell that's gonna break-" Dalton stopped himself from continuing.

"What's gonna break, Dalt?" I questioned.

"Nothing" He answered too quickly as he lied through his teeth. I stepped out of his arms and eyed him suspiciously.

"Nothing, my ass." I retorted, "Tell me the fucking truth."

He looked me straight in the eye and lied again. "Nothing's happening Sutton." His voice slowly rising. "And even if something was it's none of your mother fucking business!" His voice was at full volume as his eyes filled with anger.

"You want to know what Dalton? You want to know fucking what? If it pertains to me it should be my fucking business! Going to Princeton is huge for me!" My anger was slowly melting into tears. "Going there is an amazing opportunity for me and I don't want you to ruin it, okay? I had an amazing life before you," I placed emphasis on 'you', "came and ruined it!" I slapped my hand over my mouth so I couldn't continue anymore. I proceeded what I had just said as the once sad tears that spilled out of Dalton's eyes turned to angry ones.

"Well if I ruined your perfect little life you had before then fucking leave! Leave me, go back to when you had my little sister, who I haven't talked to in months because of you! Go back to when you had that fucking creep, Jason, harassing the living shit out of you every single day as he planned with Jake to hurt you!" His loud voice filled with anger turned to a soft whisper as his eyes turned soft too. "Go back to when you didn't love me the way you do now." His words came out bitter but I couldn't react to him before he grabbed his keys and stormed out the front door. He slammed it, hard causing me to jump as the pictures of us, from the day we went to the cliff when we skipped school, fell off the wall once again.

I just stood there, no crying, nothing, in the middle of the apartment, the only sound came from the clock on the wall. After ten minutes I just collapsed on the floor, just fell and curled up in a little ball. I cried, I sobbed, I had no clue that this would go this far. I had lost Dalton, he told me to leave and that's exactly what I did, I left him and my life as I currently knew it.

Okay so you're all going to hate me but this is the end to "The Bad Boy is My Best Nightmare", but after I'm done writing "She's the Best Thing That Has Happened to Me, Right?", I'll write a sequel, I promise. I had an amazing time writing this and I love you all, thanks for some amazing friendships I've formed from this and the happiness you guys have caused me, I'm crying right now.

Love you guys,

Lauren