He'll Be Okay

Don't hate me for this, please....

*A Few Weeks Later*

I graduated (finally but Dalton was still in high school), I'm 18 now and life's been treating me well.

"Sutton you wanna go to the beach? Jessica, Cole and Dana are going." Dalton asked as I was flipping the pancakes he requested for breakfast.

"At what time?" It was 11, we both just had gotten up.

"Dana said noon, is that too soon?" he asked.

"That should be fine, I'm done with breakfast." I said placing the last pancake on the plate.

"Good" Dalton said getting up and walking over towards me. He grabbed a pancake as he stole a kiss. I turned around and kissed back. After a little bit I pulled away. Dalton looked at me with a pout on his face.

"Why'd you stop? I was enjoying that!" I rolled my eyes and giggled at him.

"A, we have to get ready and B, pancakes are getting cold, silly."

"Sooo...?" He whined. I bopped his nose,

"We just gotta get ready." I said giving him an Eskimo kiss. "Plus the quicker we get ready, the quicker get there and the longer you get to see me in a bikini." I stated, winking at him, it's the first time this year I'll be in a bikini. His eyes widen as he comprehended what I just said. He started to push me towards the bedroom.

"Go, get ready, we need to leave." Dalton yelled at me.

"Oh god, someone's eager now, aren't they?" I laughed shutting the door to get ready.

*At the Beach*

"Are they here yet?" I asked Dalton while looking for any signs of Jessica, Cole or Dana. Dalton checked his phone.

"Not yet, they're in traffic."

"How? They're coming from the same place as us."

"They stayed at Jessica's last night, they're packing her apartment so she can move in with them."

"Oh, we'll just find an area to set up." Dalton and I walked onto the empty beach. I scanned the shore for the perfect spot, I spotted it by the water.

"There, that's a nice place." I said grabbing Dalton and pulling him there. I put down our stuff down. Dalton's phone suddenly went off.

"They're here, I'm just gonna meet them in the parking lot, they said they have a ton of stuff. I'll be back in ten." I nodded as he walked back up.

I started to set up the umbrellas and chairs.

"Hey sweetheart" A voice came from behind me. It wasn't Cole's, Dana's or Dalton's so I didn't turn around. I just mined my own business until I was jerked around.

"Bitch, I was talking to you! Don't fucking ignore me!" He spat. I turned around as if he wasn't talking to me. Once again I was forcefully jerked back around.

"Don't fucking ignore me!" He shouted as his grip got tighter. I looked around to see if anyone could help but it was just us two here. I kept struggling to get free until he fell to the ground and I was let go.

"Sutton are you okay?" Dalton's soft voice asked. I nodded glancing down at wrist, they guy has left marks on my arm. I looked up at Dalton whose eyes had turned furious. He picked up the guy on the ground by the collar.

"Are you fucking serious! You first make my girlfriend uncomfortable but then you left marks on her wrist!" Dalton dropped the guy who landed on his feet. Dalton went to take a swing at him but he dodged the punch, then went for Dalton. The two were in an all out fight until Dana and Cole split them up. Dana grabbed Dalton, Cole grabbed the other guy and held them back. Two other guys came rushing over and started to get a Cole to let the first guy free.

Dana let go of Dalton instantly and they both helped Cole. I watched in horror until someone grabbed my wrist, I instantly pulled it out of their grip.

"Sutton, it's just me Jessica." I turned around to face her. "C'mon lets get out of here, they'll be fine. This isn't the first time they've been in this situation." She started to pull me away but I keep looking at the scene. Cole and Dana both have the upper hand but Dalton didn't . I stopped looking, I can't bear to see him get hurt. Jessica kept pulling me away quicker, I attempted to keep up.

"Mother fuck!" Dalton screamed out in pain. Jessica stopped walking and we both turned around. My eyes instantly filled with tears. Dalton was on the ground clutching his bloody stomach. The three guys that were fighting the boys were running away, the one who hurt me has a bloody knife in his hand.

I stepped away from Jessica and ran towards Dalton.

"Oh my god, Dalton!" I said through the tears. He gave me a weak smile.

"I'm fine, it's not that deep Sutton." He chuckled softly. I stayed by his side as the paramedics came. They came and took Dalton to the hospital. I rode in Dalton's car with Dana on the way there tears were spilling down my face.

"He'll be okay Sutton. Don't worry." Dana said, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.