Her Favorite Saying

I ran and ran, all the way to Jess's house. I caught my breath and knocked on the door, scared that she wouldn't do anything. She opened it, saw me, made a face and slammed the door shut. I kept knocking and pleading for her to open, but she never did. I just walked away, loosing all hope of ever getting her back and just wandered until a car pulled beside me. I kept walking in fear of it being someone.

"Sutton. Sutton!" I ignored it a just kept walking as I recognized the voice. "Sutton Julia Robinson!" I stopped and turned around,

"What the hell do you want Cole!" I shouted, not wanting to deal with him.

"You may be scared of Dalton right now but you need to stay with someone, you're aren't safe. Jake was just out looking for you." He told me.

"I don't fucking care!"

"You sure as hell should, Dalton beat up that kid because he's one of Jake's friends! Just be as fucking scared of Dalton as you want but stay with Dana and I." I rolled my eyes and got into the passenger's seat, just to make him shut up.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Very Sutton."

*Later that Night*

Dalton barged into Dana and Cole's apartment while I was in the bedroom. I didn't want him here, there was a reason why I wasn't in the apartment.

"Where the hell is she! I want to see Sutton!" Dalton slured while stumbling around.

"What the hell dude! Don't just barge in. Dalton, you're drunk!" Dana yelled at him.

"I could give two fucks less about me! Where the hell is she!" Just as he said that Cole came into the room and locked the door.

"You'll be find but he's not always the best person to be around when he's drunk." I nod at his explanation. Dalton came up to the door and started pounding on the wood.

"Sutton I know you're in there! I want to talk, please!" He pleaded.

"Dalton she's not in there. And she won't want to talk anyways, you've got to come back when you're sober." Dana pleaded.

"I could care less if I'm sober or not I want her!" He sounded like a two year old.

"Dalton go the fuck home!" Cole called from the room.

"I said no! I want to see her, I fucking love her, I have for a long time! Ever since she was 14 and I was 16. None of those damn sluts I've ever been with fucking matter to me! She matters to me! Why the hell would I have this tattooed on me, her mother fucking favorite saying, 'There are approximately 1,013,913 words in the English language but I could never string any of them together to explain how incredible you are.' You hear that Sutton? I know your favorite saying, I have it even memorized! Hell it's forever inked on my body! Dana I want to fucking see the girl I've fallen in love with! God damn it!" I stood there mouth, opened and then there was a loud bang, Dalton had punched a hole in the wall.

"Dude! what the hell?!? I have to fix that now!" Dana yelled in frustration, I couldn't imagine why he puts up with Dalton's bullshit.

"I don't give two shits!" It sounded like Dalton stomped away and then the door slammed. I stood there, tears in my eyes. Cole pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay, he's felt like that for a while, don't worry Dana and I will handle this." I kept crying until Cole had to go to sleep. He walked out and I got ready in my make-shift bedroom.

After Dana and Cole both fell asleep I snuck into my apartment, the one I shared with Dalton. I walked towards the bed room to hear music blasting and Dalton cursing himself. I knocked quietly on the door and opened it up. There were bottles everywhere and things broken. Dalton walked up to me and embraced me,

"I'm so fucking sorry Sutton, I didn't want to scare you." I took a deep breath and alchol just invaded my nostrils.

"Dalt it's okay, but we have school tomorrow and you're going to have a hangover, lets just go to sleep." I told him calmly.

"Alright" Dalton agreed before he turned the music off and got into bed with me.

"You know all of those things I said are true, I've been falling for you for three, almost four years. I just never did anything because of Jess. Sutton, I love you."

"I love you too Dalton." He smiled, I moved closer to him and kissed his nose. He did it back to me. I fell asleep in his arms, the way it should've been for the past few years and they way it's going to be for a long time.