Don't Be Worried

Oh god.....

Dana quickly pulled into the parking lot. He hopped straight out but I didn't move, I just sat there staring at the floor, I didn't want to move, everything was too overwhelming.

Dana opened up my door, "Lauren," I didn't acknowledge that he was saying my name. "Lauren," He spoke softly once again as he brought his fingers under my chin to lift my face. I was now starting straight into his eyes. "I know you don't want to see him in this state but we have to go in, please." He pleaded, I still didn't move. He let out a groan of frustration before he scooped me up and carried me bridal style into the hospital. We entered the waiting room of the ER. Cole and Jessica ran straight up to us.

"Is Lauren okay?" Cole asked, his voice filled with fear and panic, Dalton would kill Dana and Cole if they let anything happen to me. Dana started to gently lower me.

"She's fine Cole, don't worry, she's just a little shaken up." Jessica comforted him before she pulled me into a tight hug, I started to cry hysterically into her shoulder. She started to smooth down my hair,

"Lauren, everything is okay and will be, this isn't the first time something like this happened. All three of the boys have scars, nothing will happen, Dalton will be home tomorrow." She whispered. "Do you want to go see him?" I nodded my head slightly still crying into her shoulder. She lifted my head much like Dana did and wiped my tears off of my cheek.

We both walked towards the room. I entered the room, it had a strong smell of iodine. Dalton was laying peacefully in the middle of the room in the hospital bed, his torso wrapped in an obscure amount of gauze. He stirred as we stepped closer. He opened one eye and when he saw me he instantly lit up.

"Love," He managed to get out. "I've been waiting for you to get here, are you okay?" I giggled at how concerned he was about me. I walked over to him, he placed his hand on top of mine.

"Dalton, don't be worried about me, you're the one who's hurt, I should be the one whose worried." He attempted to sit up but couldn't due to the pain. I leaned closer to him and he planted a kiss on my lips.

"Don't worry about me, it's just a little wound. I just want you to stay safe, I'll be here overnight so stay with Cole and Dana tonight, please." I kissed his forehead, the way he was more concerned about me than him was something I couldn't wrap my head around.

"I will, don't worry about me."   I answered him.  The nurse soon came in and told me visiting hours were  up. I kissed Dalton goodnight and left with Dana.

The Next Day

Dalton arrived home around 3pm and we just spent the rest of the evening relaxing, he couldn't do much of anything while he was injured.

"Do you have any plans for college at all, I brought it up once but you avoided it." Dalton asked as I was playing with his hair. I bit my lip slightly as I felt a pang of guilt, this was a conversation I've been avoiding for the longest of time..

"I start my fall semester in two months." The blood from his face drained.

"Where are you going to go?" He asked with a certain sadness in his voice.

"Only to Princeton, I'll live here but I may or may not be home every night." His face started to gain more color.

"So only an hour, good."