6 (Arianna)

»»»

Last night when Zayn, Jack and brown came back Zayn seemed pretty tense. I wonder what happened. Maybe his dog got in a fight or Jack almost got run over. I don't know.

It felt wrong to ask. It isn't my place to take care of his emotional status right? Because that would mean getting close to each other. I don't want to be close to Zayn. Simply because Zayn won't love me. He's this mysterious, out of reach guy and I'm just me.

Lonely and craving any sort of attention any guy will give me.

Well...

Not any guy.

I don't need to get attached to Zayn. Because he'll either be a dick about it and we'll stop hanging out. Or I will get clingy and he'll ditch me.

None of the above seems like an option. Especially since I love Jack. Jack is just so pure and his heart is probably made of gold.

Zayn called in sick for me today. Acting like my dad and he called in sick for himself as well. He's apparently allowed to do that.

We have all day to do whatever we want and we won't be bothered by anyone. We could basically summon satan and nobody would bother us.

We might even have another lesson but that's up to Zayn. He decides when we have which lesson and I go along with what he'a doing.

Zayn walks into the room holding two plates of scrambled eggs with bacon. We sit on his floor so we won't drop any food on his bed and eat in silence.

"Have I told you about my mother?" He asks and I shake my head. I've always wondered where his parents were but I was too shy to ask. What if they died?

"She's sick." He mumbles and I look up at him while he just pokes his eggs with his fork not really eating anything.

"I'm sorry." I say not sure of what to say or do. I don't know what he's going to tell me or why he's going to tell me. We barely know each other.

"She's often in the hospital and worries about me. That I don't make any friends." He says and immediately two dots in my mind connect. He wants me to come along and reassure his mother that he's fine.

Am I willing to do that? I'm not going to say no. Putting a sick woman's mind at ease is something I will gladly do but meeting his mom just seems a little scary. What if she totally hates me? Or what if she tells all kinds of adorable stories about Zayn that will make me fall in love with him?

"Would you like to come along to put her mind at ease?" He asks and I nod. Because saying no would not only be heartless, it would be evil. I can spend an afternoon in a hospital if it means his mothers mind will be at ease. And I will put my hatred for hospitals aside just to help her.

»»»

Walking through the hospital halls make me feel uncomfortable and anxious. I feel like everybody is looking at me and the halls smell like something that I can't name. The walls are white in the entire building with some supposedly beautiful paintings hanging from it.

We walk towards the elevators and I notice that Zayn is very tense. I want to do something to make him feel more a ease but I wouldn't know what. Anything I come up with just seems stupid.