1 (Arianna)

[I first wrote this shit when I was like twelve. I was fucking insane back then and couldn't even spell the word cow so read on your own risk. I'm working on it.]

I slightly open my eyes as todays number 1 pop songs fill my room and make me starts my day even more terrible. I hate the song that's playing. 

I turn over and hit the snooze button hard enough for my hand to actually hurt. This day is going to be just fine, I'll do great. I repeat that sentence in my head until my alarm restarts itself again playing an even worse song.

For just a few minutes I collect all the courage I can find within myself and slowly push off the blankets. The cold air outside my blanket hits me like a ton of bricks. I fight the urge to crawl back into my bed and act like I slept through my alarm but my mother would not stand for that kind of bullshit.

I sit up and the exact moment I do that I hear my mothers delightful and always sweet voice yell at me "Arianna! You get up right now. I don't want your school to call me again!"

My mother loves me.

"It's your final year. It's your final year. It's your final year. You're almost 18. You're almost 18." Those sentences I keep telling myself are supposed to get me through the year without any trouble. I know for a fact that there will be so much trouble that I will probably dead by the end of next month but like my brother usually says 'Positive thoughts only.' .

I hear my moms very gentle and loving footsteps coming up the stairs and know she means business. I quickly gather some clothes and rush into the bathroom locking the door to keep out my lovely mother.

"Arianna! You better not be late again. I will murder that entire school of yours if they dare to call me again." And again: my very loving mother.

I hum in response and throw my clothes in a corner and turn on the shower. I squeal when the water is minus 80 degrees.

"Today is going to be great. I'll do great." I tell myself but since it's me telling myself encouraging things I know it's bullshit.

I wanna go back to a month ago, a week, or even yesterday. When I didn't have a care in the world. When summer vacation actually was a thing instead of stressing whether my shirt makes me look fat.

I shower quickly and when I step outside of the glass cabin the ton of cold bricks are back. I shiver slightly and rush to the clothes I had gathered before. Before I even pick up the shirt I can already smell the terrible scent coming from it. I am truly disgusting.

"No you're not it's the human body. Not you. You're awesome." I say throwing the clothes in a corner which will probably upset my mom but right now I couldn't care less.

Normally the first day of school after summer break everyone enters like they're Victoria Secret models but I stoped caring about 2 years ago. These people got to know me by now, I'm a mess. Especially when it comes to clothing.  It's kinda funny how my entire family has blue eyes and I have brown ones. It makes me the outcast of the family, even if I had blue eyes I'd still be the outcast.

Not to brag but my family is gorgeous. Straight chestnut brown hair and bright blue eyes to add contrast. Flawless skin and beautiful skinny bodies. High cheekbones and perfectly straight teeth since birth. My family could do toothpaste commercials.