Chapter 5

OKay, so this is another upload! Enjoy people!(:

Chapter 5 (Taylor’s POV)

        Taylor felt strong arms carry her up from the limo. She was heading into what sounded like an airplane. The whirring of the jets was starting to awaken her from her groggy state. Soon, the previously annoying sound began to feel pleasant as she snuggled closer to the warm arms carrying here, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

******

        She woke up in a large canopy bed, underneath her some velvety blue satin sheets; she was wrapped up in matching light blue plush comforters. She looked around, the room was massive. She felt incredibly miniscule compared to the room around her. The windows arched up to the ceiling; they alone took up an entire wall. The bed was in the center of an adjacent wall and across from it were two large French doors. Around her were magnificent paintings of wolves, but a particular one seemed to reach her. She got up off the bed and walked over to the wall. It was a picture of a wolf, standing on a cliff rock. The moon shone brightly behind the wolf. The wolf seemed to be howling at the moon, yet it seemed to be almost smiling. His eyes were shining gold, and his fur was almost as black as the night sky around him. There was a tint of gray around the neck. She gasped, her hand slowly trembling to stroke the painting.

“This can’t be, this is, my...my...father,” Her voice was shaky as she pulled her hand back like a surge of electricity had gone through it, “No, that’s ridiculous, that’s just some wolf painting, it can’t possibly be my dad.” Her eyes wandered over the painting once more, before returning back to the bed. Her body felt sore. She’d been sleeping for a while, trying to get rid of the jet lag she’d been having. She walked over to the bathroom which was the size of her previous room. Stripping off her clothes, she stepped into the shower, letting the warmth of the water envelop her. Her mind floated back to her mother. ‘What would she being doing right now? How is she handling being alone? I hope she’s okay.’ She turned off the shower and grabbed a towel from the linen closet. Wrapping herself in the towel, she stepped into the room looking for her suitcase. She couldn’t find it. Venturing into the huge walk in closet of the room, she found what looked like a plain black t-shirt and dark grey sweats. Dressing quickly, she tied her hair into a messy bun and stepped out of the room. She stood in a narrow hallway with several other doors to the right and left of her. Walking down the hallway, the stairs came into view. There were 2 spiral stairs that led down to the large and elegant foyer. There sat a few decorative couches that faced two large white doors, probably the main doors to the mansion. She passed the foyer and on the left was a large modern kitchen. Sitting at the small glass table, her back to Taylor was her mother in-law. “Oh sweetie you’re awake! Come, sit down, you must be starving! Let me make you something,” her mother-in-law smiled. “Sure” she mumbled in response, finally hearing the loud cries of hunger in her stomach. Slowly, she sat down at the table, waiting for her food. Soon, her nose filled with the smell of chocolate chip waffles. It made her mouth water. Mmmm, her favorite. She gobbled it down hungrily. ‘Wow, I must’ve been really hungry’ she thought, staring down at her empty plate.

“Honey, would you like some more?” her mother-in-law asked.

“No, thanks Mrs...” Taylor tried to remember if her mother told her the name of these people.

“Sweetie its Mrs. Knight but you can call me Angie if you’d like” She smiled down at her. Taylor nodded at her.

“Thanks Mrs. Knight,”

“No problem dear. Now I suggest you go back up to my son, Leo’s room and get some more sleep, it looks like your still quite tired” She chuckled but her eyes were soft. She really did care about her.