Chapter 3

Comment, vote, and become a fan! (:

Pic of Leo

(if you guys haven't noticed, I'm obsessed with Adam Gregory! He's just too cute!) ---------> 

 Vote if you think Adam Gregory is HOT! LOL (Comment if you think he's REALLY hot/borderline sexy!)

The sound of buzzing woke her out of her dream. She had dreamt about her in the arms of a man. He was beautiful. His deep blue eyes bore into her soft brown ones. There, upon his gorgeous face, was a smile, but it didn’t hide the fact that there was still tension on his face. They seemed to be in a large forest. She didn’t know where she was, but at the same time, she felt safe. She trusted him. Groaning, Taylor slapped a hand on the alarm clock, and it quickly shut up. Dragging herself out of bed, she headed to the bathroom. Her eyes looked groggy and her face was colorless as she stared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. She brushed her teeth and tried to wash away any traces of sleep deprivation. Sighing, she headed back to her room and pulled out some clothes to wear. Her outfit consisted of dark wash denim shorts and a blue tank. She paired it off with matching blue converse and a half-sleeved jacket. Taylor cringed at the thought of Kristy making another snarky comment at her outfit yesterday, and breathed a sigh of relief. She had chosen a good outfit today. With a half-smile, she turned and headed for the shower. She loved the warmth the shower brought her, and for a split second remembered the warmth of the strange man being quite similar, if not more comforting. She shook her head.

        “No,” she stated firmly, “he’s just a dream, nothing real.” So why couldn’t she stop thinking about him? Turning off the shower, she reached for a towel and quickly got dressed. Stepping out of the bathroom, she grabbed her things and quickly scurried off towards the stairs. On the first step, she heard murmuring in the living room underneath her. ‘Strange,’ thought Taylor, ‘who would be here this early in the morning?’

        The stairs creaked quietly underneath her feet, as she tried not to disturb the conversation going on below. That was until she saw him. The man from her dreams was sitting on her leather couch, right next to two equally beautiful adults, perhaps his mother and father. They looked quite rich too. The boy was about her age, maybe a year or two older. He was beautiful, scratch that, godly. Taylor mentally slapped herself as she inched her way through the hallway, here she was staring at this guy when she should be getting to school. From her spot in the hallway, she made a 180 degree turn and headed in the opposite direction, towards the door.

        “Taylor, is that you?” Her mom called out. ‘Crap, mom heard me. Shit, this cannot be happening.’ Taylor turned to find her mother, pale and teary eyed as she pulled her in for a hug.
        “Umm, mom, I can’t breathe!” She let go and took a step back, her warm hands resting on Taylor’s shoulders.

        “Mom, what’s wrong?” She took one of her mother’s hands and held it, looking straight in her eyes, as if it was possible finding the answer in her fascinating deep blue pools. All she saw was grievance. Taylor tensed up. Ever since she heard about her father leaving her mother when she was pregnant only to have her fend for herself, she couldn’t stand seeing her mother upset. That single act committed by her father was still hurting her mother. The emotional sadness was still there, behind her cheery smile and beautiful blue eyes. She twinged. Her mother was never sad. Not one thing could faze her. Something’s wrong, really wrong. Her blood began to boil. ‘Whoever hurt my mom is gonna pay,’ Taylor thought angrily.

        Marching over to the living room, her mother in tow, she glared angrily at the three unsuspecting guests.

        “Care to EXPLAIN why my mother is so upset” She glared, her steely voice cutting into the silence that surrounded them. The adult couple became uncomfortable, while the boy just sat there staring at the ground. She clenched her hands at her side, trying to remain calm, but it seemed that her efforts were of no use. “Any day now!” The woman cleared her throat, and looked up at Taylor.

        “Alright, umm...Taylor, we’re here because we have some news to tell you.” Her voice was hesitant; she continued: “You’re not, well...you’re special. Your father was a ...werewolf, like us, and when he created you, he left so that you could live a normal life. But he requested us, that when you turn 18, you would marry our son, ensuring that you would be safe.” She dropped her head, almost ashamedly, as Taylor stood gawking at them. ‘I’m....I’m a werewolf?! But that can’t be! They don’t exist!’ She wobbled and sat on the couch across from the strange werewolf family. “So, you’re saying that I have to get married, to him?” She pointed at the boy, who was now staring at her with a rigid expression. It seemed like he was just as mad as she was about the whole setup. “Yes dear, it’s really important that you come with us now. Your life’s in danger. We’ve come to help you.” Taylor turned to face her mom. She had fresh tears brimming at her eyelids, but she swallowed them down. She couldn’t cry like this in front of these strangers, these beautiful, rich, and not to mention terrifying werewolf strangers. Her mother nodded at her, as if saying she should go. Taylor got up and hugged her mother fiercely. If her mother was gonna break down, at least Taylor would be there to set her on her feet. She was always the strong one, never letting people’s emotions inflict through her. She lived with a rough shell around her, never letting people’s remarks get the best of her, but even she had to be sentimental at times. However, this was not the time for her.

        “Taylor, go upstairs and pack your belongings, you will have to go to their house.” Her mother stated firmly. Taylor could tell that her mother was on the verge of tears, but surprisingly, she held her guard. She nodded silently and walked up the stairs toward her room. When she got to her room, the tears that had been impatiently waiting in eyes, spilled out, traveling down her face. She threw herself onto the bed and cried.

        “Stupid Taylor, why are you crying? You’ve turned yourself into a Kristy.” She chuckled at her own remark, trying to humor herself, but her efforts failed. Her face became serious once again. Throwing her bag open onto the bed, she began piling clothes in. She didn’t care if they were messed up; it wasn’t the time to worry about neatness. Sighing, she went to the bathroom and grabbed her supplies, putting them into a small duffle bag. Looking at the mirror, she judged her face. It looked like she’d aged 10 years! Puffy eyes, sniffling nose, and pale skin made her look sickly. Taking some water into her hands, she splashed her face with the ice cold water. It calmed her. She looked back up into the mirror and readjusted her makeup. Judging her face, she smiled. Not too long ago, her face was glowing with pride and happiness. She was quite a cheerful girl back in the day. Her straight brunette hair reached a little above her waist and her soft brown eyes shone bright with wonder. Her thoughts filled with school crushes, homework, and the latest fashion styles. Oh how she’d grown. Changing from a lovesick, preppy preteen to a sophisticated senior, it seemed like time had flown by. Putting on a small smile, she checked herself once again and finished the rest of her packing.

        When she got downstairs, her mother and a man wearing a driver suit was standing by the door. Her heart broke. How could she leave her mother like that? Grabbing the suitcases, the man whom she assumed was the driver, picked up her luggage and put it inside a limo. ‘Wow, these people must be really rich!’ she thought, her mouth gaping at the large, stretched out hummer limo that stood in her driveway.

        “Goodbye sweetheart, take care of yourself, and please try to visit,” Her mother cried, breaking into a hug. Taylor embraced her and ran her hand up and down her mother’s back like she used to do for her, trying to soothe the tears out of her mother. She was going to miss her mother a lot. But she was eventually going to college soon, so she would have to leave her someday. Taylor forced herself to think of it as the same thing, only she was leaving a few months earlier than expected. Her feet walked down the stone pathway; she turned back to look at her house. Her mother stood small and frail in the doorway, waving to her.

        “I’m gonna miss you” she whispered as she turned and got into the limo, awaiting the surprises that would soon come of this marriage.

A/N: I realize the story might feel boring right now, but it gets better, I promise! So please keep reading and ignore the delay of when the real romance begins! Sorry about that! (: