Remember Me [13]

- C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N - 

I didn't even realise I had fallen a sleep. When I woke up around midnight, I found myself at home, in my cozy bed, all tucked in. Glancing at the clock again, it read: 23:42. 

When did I even get home? I thought in my head. 

I closed my eyes again, picturing today's moments. The morning when Eric tried to help with the dead field. When Eric saved me from getting hit by a car. When he stole a motorbike just to take me to a beautiful place where I've always feared to go. When he saved me after I almost drowned and when he carried me on the journey back here. I smiled happily yet I felt a little sadness too, remembering my dream about my mum. 

Crunch!

I narrowed my eyebrow. What was that sound? 

Crunch! 

It was there again. Slowly, I opened my eyelids and a green face with cucumbers as eyes stared at me. I screamed loudly and moved back away from the green monster like human. The green faced person jerked back and screamed with me. Seconds later it's scream turned into laughter.

"Celeste!" I scowled. "What is wrong with you? And what are you eating? It's so loud!" 

"Calm down, sleepy head," she said. "I was just putting on a face mask and thought 'every face masks needs cucumbers' so I just put two on. But I accidentally cut three so I decided to eat it instead of wasting it." 

"Well, eat away from my face," I snapped.

"Someones a little crabby," she said, finishing her cucumber. 

"Sorry," I apologised. I sat on the bed and grabbed a pillow. Celeste sat next to me, her face full of happiness and joy. "How was your date?" 

"It was awesome!" she squealed. "He took me to a restaurant and it was really expensive. We talked and danced to some slow music." 

"Wow, he seems like a great guy," I told her. 

"He is." 

"I'm really happy for you," I smiled. "If he hurts you, just tell me. I promise to beat him up." 

"No need to worry," she said, "I feel that, he's the one." 

"That's what you said about the last three guys," I laughed. 

She laughed too. "I know but Marco... I really like him. I don't think... well I hope he won't leave me." 

I nodded. "He's lucky to have you." 

"Thanks," she said. "Now, how was your day? Did you and Eric have fun?" 

"Um... I was just working on the farm," I lied. "That's all." 

"Yeah right," she said, not convinced by my story. "What really happened?" 

"Nothing," I reassured her. "He was just helping me out and we had a laugh." 

"I know there's more," she said. 

"No, there isn't," I said, trying not to stutter. "We just had a little fun in the fun." 

"Is that why Harry was complaining about having to do all the work on the farm again?" she asked.

"Um..." I wasn't sure if she knew what happened today. But I decided to deny it again. "He's just exaggerating. I done some of it."

"You sure?" she asked again.

I nodded.

She looked a little disappointed. It was almost as if she was able to tell that I was lying and knew everything about today but wanted to hear it from me. I suddenly felt guilty.