Remember Me [11]

- C H A P T E R  E L E V E N - 

Where was I?

I was standing in a field of fresh green grass, dancing as the wind whistled through my ears. There were little daisies scattered around the ground like confetti and they swayed side to side to the tune of the sweet melodies by the birds that flew over my head and some sitting on a branch of a tree. The trees had perfectly shaped leaves and it was filled with bright red apples that made me lick my lips twice. They twinkled as the sun reflected on them and it was as if it were calling me to eat it. 

The sky was completely blue, cloudless. The great ball of fire was acting as a disco ball as usual and always brought cheerfulness and smiles. Above my head were five stunnign steaks of colours that made every beautiful thing here seem dull. It was almost as if I were able to touch the rainbow but only it faded away before I was able to reach out to it. But another appeared behind me as if it wanted to play catch with me. 

Unusually, the place was empty. Deserted. 

How would a beautiful place like this not be full of kids, teens and adults or even animals? And why was it empty? 

"Rosalie," a feminine voice echoed. "Rosalie-Marilyn Bloowmwod."

Nobody ever called me by that name. I was just known as Rose-Mary Bloomwood not Rosalie-Marilyn Bloomwood. That was my birth name but because people found the name to long to say, I changed my name to Rose-Mary instead, making it easier for the people. Even dad was tired of saying it, even though he loved the name. He would sometimes call me Rosalie or Rose or even Marilyn but he stopped calling me my original name completely after my mother’s death. She, my mother, was the only person I recalled calling me that name because I was given a beautiful name so I should be called after it. But since she has passed away, that name did not really exist anymore. It was mainly because it reminded us of mum, not that we don't think of her anyway but it just brought sadness to the house

"Rosalie," the soft, gently voice called again. 

I jerked my head up to the sky and then to my left and right but nothing was there. I wasn't sure whether I was hearing things or whether the voice that was calling me was actually there. 

"Hello?" I said, quietly. "Is anybod-"

I was cut off by a shimmering light standing before my eyes. I instantly pulled my hand up and held it above my eyes, avoiding the light in case it made me blind. Carefully, I separated my two fingers to peak through to see what was going on. I should be feeling scared but instead I was feeling safe and secured like nothing was ever going to harm me whilst this light was here. 

"Rose," it said again but this time I recognised the voice. 

Could it really be her? My mum? 

"Mum?" I whimpered, not being able to keep in the tears. The more I moved my hand away from my eyes, the more the shimmering figure disappeared. 

"Be strong," I heard her say as her voice began to fade away. 

I squinted my eyes and tried to get a tiny glance at her but it was too bright. Not being able to resist the strong light anymore, I cupped my eyes once more and everything went black again. I could still feel the light on my face so I reached out my arm towards her sparking body and just as I almost touched her, the light had disappeared, along with my mother. I didn't even get one glimpse of her.

"Rose, Rose, Rose-Mary?" the voice now sounded different. It sounded gentle but shaky. "Wake up, please?"

I felt a force on my stomach and felt a tsunami of water jumping out of my mouth like a roller coaster. My eyelids suddenly opened and the place I was in had disappeared. The shimmering figure had also vanished and I was back in Lakeside. My sight was blurry for a second but it returned to normal.