Remember Me [20]

Harry and I exchanged looks and then turned our eyes back at the little girl. Did a family live here? Well, after all these years, the guys would have obviously left and relocated. I felt like kicking the wall. But I didn't give up. Maybe, the family would know about the past history. 

"Um, hi," I said. "Who are you?" 

"Who are you?" She asked back. 

I could tell she was scared. Instead of torturing her for information, I bent down and smiled. "I'm Rose-Mary." 

She nodded faintly. 

"What's your name?" I asked, still smiling. 

She shook her head. "No." 

"Why are you so scared. We won't hurt you," I told her. "That's my brother Harry and my friend Celeste." 

"Go from here," she said. "If you don't go, they'll kill my mum, my dad." 

"What?" It was Harry speaking now. 

The girl gulped. "N-Nothing." She was hyperventilating and tears began to take over her eyes. "Please save us," she whispered in the quietest voice. 

I stared at her, speechless. All I managed to do was nod. Like there wasn't enough problems enough; now we had to save the little girls parents too. 

"Is there a man help hostage in there?" Harry asked. 

The little girl was shaking. Scared. She shook her head and began to step backwards, with one hand on the door. Slowly she began to close it. But suddenly, just before the door could shut, a foot stuck out, preventing the door from closing. As the door creaked open, a shadow cast over the person. It was a woman. She was tall and slender. In her eyes, her deep green eyes, there was a reddish colour bleeding out of the pupil- it was as if it was portraying the depravity. A sly smile crept up on her face and instantaneously a knife slashed out of her hand and flew towards Harry. I closed my eyes shut for a moment, hoping to open my eyes and see this as some twisted dream. But opening my eyes was the worst nightmare yet. The knife hit Harry directly where his rib cage was. And there on his spot, he dropped. A high pitched scream of terror escaped Celests mouth as she dialed the emergency number. 

Everything was fuzzy now. My heart felt weak, shattered. Was I sad? Scared? I didn't know what to feel. But I did know rage was warming up inside me, ready to explode. I ran towards my brother and shook my head with fury. From hiding, Lucy also ran out to see Harry. 

"Harry," I wept. "What has she done?"

"Get him. I'll be okay," he said in a faint voice. "Take me...hospital." Celeste nodded and got carried him somehow into the car.

"Celeste," I called. "Take her with you," I said, looking at Lucy. 

"No, I won't go. My brother..." Lucy tried to reason with me but I shook my head. 

"Go. He'll be fine! If you die then you'll never bloody see him!" 

Lucy stared at me and leaned forward to hug me. "Be safe." 

And they went.

I turned to face the monster in human form. She didn't even spare my brother, that woman. This was my fight, not his. But before I could move with realization, the woman magicked out another knife and held it by my neck. Her grip was strong, painful. A tear pricked in my eye and I began to hyperventilate. 

"What...I mean where...is he?" I choked. 

A menacing laugh echoed in my ear as she whispered, "As good as dead." 

I looked at Harry, who was shaking on the ground. I cried as I watched him suffer this pain. No. I shoudn't lose hope. I had to fight. 

I bent my head forward without the woman realizing and as fast and strongly as I could, I pushed my head backwards, hopefully breaking her face. Instantly, the woman loosened her grip as she let out a long cry. So, you do feel. I thought to myself. 

I turned around and pulled the knife off and mercilessly slashed her right arm. I grabbed her hair as she tried to run back to probably call her gang. She went flying backwards and I made sure she hit the wall. She slumped back on the brown wall and her head flopped down. I placed the point of the knife below her chin and asked her, 

"Give me a straight answer." 

She laughed. "I told you. He's dead." 

"No, he is fucking not!" 

I slowly dug the knife up her throat; blood trickled out and slid down her neck. "I'm not lying," she craoked. "They took him and killed him. Ask the girl if you don't believe me." 

I turned my head up to look at the girl. "Is it true?" My voice was shakey, the words barely came out of my mouth. 

She began to cry so much now. "He tried to help me excape, so they shot him and threw him in the river." 

It was hard to hear what she as trying to say because she was weeping so much, however it was clear enough to understand. 

"Lies!" I screamed. "All of it is a lie." 

I collapsed on to my knees and cried. I looked up at the woman and punched her on the face. She was lucky though, the police had come and arrested her. They tried to talk to me but I pushed them back and wept my heart out for my brother, Lucy and that stupid man... my stupid man Eric.

_

A/N: Okay, so that's it. :) I will rewrite this and it will be 100 times better. I will either write a sequel or if I rewrite this then I might change the ending. I KNOW THIS IS SLOPPY, FULL OF ERRORS AND KINDA CRAP but I hope you liked it anyway. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR KILLING HIM OFF. :D