Remember Me [2]

- C H A P T E R  T W O - 

Dad forced Harry to camp out on the sofa tonight so Eric could take his room. It was funny to watch Harry moan and act like an immature little kid who did not want to share their bedroom with others. Dad said Eric was only going to be sleeping in Harry’s room for one night and the next night he’d be sleeping in the attic upstairs. In the attic was a single bed, an empty wardrobe, boxes of old things and spiders. Rats too. Harry begged dad to let Eric sleep up there but dad said he needed to clear it out first and that it'd be done within a day.

I was sleeping peacefully, enjoying my dream but I was awoken but a loud shriek. It probably woke up the whole town.
Jumping out of bed, I walked into Harry’s bedroom to find three chickens and two hens jumping around on the floor. I smacked my forehead and slid my hand down my face as I watched him try to poke the chickens away with the umbrella that he had found somewhere. Harry appeared from behind me, laughing. I gave him an evil look, knowing it was him who had left the gate open, again.

"Harry," I hissed. "What is wrong with you?"

"Sorry," he apologised but he didn't seem very apologetic at all. "I thought they needed some freedom."

"That's what you think all the time," I retorted but when Harry began to laugh again, I did too.

He walked away and left me to rescue Eric again from the chickens that were aliens in his world. I walked towards them. There was only five, less than yesterday. I picked up the two smallest ones and took them back outside and back to where they were supposed to be. I did the same with the other three.

"You have to learn to grow up." I smirked.

"Hey, it's not my fault I have chicken phobia." Eric folded his arms.

"Whatever," I shook my head, giggling. "I'll buy you some toothbrushes and stuff. Be good when I go."

"Why are you talking to me like I'm five?" He asked.

"Maybe if you acted your age, I would talk to you like you are...whatever age you are," I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. “Dad’s going into town to get stuff for you so just let him know what you want.”

“Chocolate?”

“No.”

“I’m just kidding Rose,” he laughed. “Nice PJ’s by the way.” He snorted.

I looked down at my pyjamas and realised what he was talking about. So I was a little old to have Barbie on my pyjamas but hey, I love those shows.

Not knowing what to say, I turned around and started to walk. “At least I don’t scream like a little girl when I see chickens.”

“Little girl?” He scoffed, getting out of bed, “I do not scream like a girl.”

“Really? You’re going to deny it,” I said, turning around again so I was facing him.

“Barbie PJ’s are worse.”

“Are not!”

“Are too!”

I grabbed one of the cushions and hit him with it on his head. I don’t care if he lost his memory or has a headache. This was war.  

He grabbed another and hit me back. Before we knew it, we had started a pillow fight. I wasn’t going to give up until he surrendered that…idiot. Barbie PJ’s are awesome.

“Girls, girls, girls,” a voice said from behind me. Eric and I instantly stopped the pillow fight and threw it back like nothing ever happened. “What’s going on here?”